Meat Processor and Taxidermist Options in Casper

wiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
My son and I will be heading to Casper in August. Any suggestions on meat processors and/or taxidermists around Casper? Thanks.

Last edited:
If you're driving, depending on your route home, The Flying V in Newcastle might be a possibility. Larry and Twylla Napolitano do an excellent job.

Jesse at Rocky Top Taxidermy, also in Newcastle, does beautiful work that he'll ship to you at very good rates. He did my 2019 pronghorn and my 2020 muley.

IMG_9207.JPGIMG_0058.JPG

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
Interested as well for taxi recs, Newcastle is a good bit north of our route though I'm not opposed to swinging up there.

We are hoping to find a good Casper butcher as well. We really liked one in Buffalo we used back in 2017 &2018 but we won’t be in that area this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
Lately I have been using Dan's for butchering in Casper. Yellowstone used to be my favorite. I heard that the fellow that used to have Pat's has sold the business.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
I know the last several years (including 2020) they guys I hunt with have used Pat's in Casper and have been happy with turn around and quality. Haven't heard if they have sold to someone else.

Jason, your refrencing big horn meat cutting, they done my 2019 antelope and done a really good job, also used trophies un-limited for the mount, good folks too deal with.

If you're driving, depending on your route home, The Flying V in Newcastle might be a possibility. Larry and Twylla Napolitano do an excellent job.

Jesse at Rocky Top Taxidermy, also in Newcastle, does beautiful work that he'll ship to you at very good rates. He did my 2019 pronghorn and my 2020 muley.

View attachment 310549View attachment 310550

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the shipping cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw Western Creations taxidermy just West of Casper in Mills. I was thinking about using them as I will be hunting out of Casper this season as well. Wondering if anyone on this site has used them?

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
I have used Kim Lutz for taxidermy of my antelope. She is in Lander WY but will drive to your meat processor and pick up the head for mounting. She drove to Douglas for me last time. Beautiful mounts. She shipped it to me and I believe the total was around $800.

j_volt

WKR
I have used Dan’s to process my last two antelope and they have done an outstanding job both times.

OP
W

wiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for all of the recommendations. Hopefully, we will be able to put them to use.

j_volt

WKR
Something to remember - those processors often fill up and won’t take more animals. You can look at Dan’s Facebook page for the last couple years when they filled up.