Meat Shipment from New Newfoundland

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody who is having meat shipped from New Newfoundland get a call from the shipping company yet? Mine is shipping to Allentown, Pa

Tjwjr89

FNG
Spoke to them Monday while trying to get my rack and cape from taxidermist back to shipper. They said there is trucks leaving on the 22nd and 25th.

They won't take my bear meat. Something about some law... I gave it to the outfitter, and his guides..

3 years ago, I drove across the boarder myself with bear meat, fully declared, I don't get it.

The PA facility is back on the list !

They told me everything is in insulated boxes. I was going to bring coolers, and dry ice, but it seems I'm good for the 4 hour ride home.

OP
RichP

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
That’s where my meat is going. Hopefully I get a call today!
I’m only 45 minutes from Allentown

OP
RichP

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
The PA facility is back on the list !

They told me everything is in insulated boxes. I was going to bring coolers, and dry ice, but it seems I'm good for the 4 hour ride home.
I still haven’t got a call yet. Do you have the phone # of the Pa facility?

OP
RichP

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I talked to the shipping company last week. My meat just left. Was told a couple of weeks.

OP
RichP

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got the call. Picking up from Allentown on Friday.

Tjwjr89

FNG
Just got the call that mine is in Delaware. Yes they had multiple trucks. Told me I had 7 boxes and my rack. So glad they were able to track down my cape and rack.

OP
RichP

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t fit another thing in this freezer
I guess I’ll have to start emptying it out
Steak dinner today
Woo Hoo

Attachments

• 505B87A2-F2D9-4F71-ADFC-07436F259B15.jpeg
    505B87A2-F2D9-4F71-ADFC-07436F259B15.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 20
I can’t fit another thing in this freezer
I guess I’ll have to start emptying it out
Steak dinner today
Woo Hoo
It is a good problem to have. Be sure to hand out a bunch of the meat to those in your circle who are not fortunate enough to go there. I passed out close to 70lbs to my friends and family and they were all great full. Then again, it is hard for a single man to burn through that much meat in a year too!! It also provided enough room for me to get an elk in my freezer from this fall!!

I did a moose and caribou hunt up there in 1995. Scored on both. Brought back...meaning flew it back, 5 insulated boxes of meat at 70 pounds each at the going rate for excess baggage which was 35.00 for each box. It was waiting for me at the Allentown, Pa airport when I arrived. I too live about 1 hour away. I guess that isn't an option anymore.