Meat Stick/ Sausage recipes and advice

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys.

I'm hoping to make about 100lbs of meat sticks/sausage out of ground Elk/Deer/Antelope. I have a #12 LEM grinders as well as a kitchen aid with the grinder attachement as well as 2 big traegers. I make all my jerky out of whole muscle meat and have a excess of ground that I want to do some sort of meat snack sticks out of. I'm not opposed to buying a sausage stuffer of some sort if need be. I would like to get some recipes and advice on the meat sticks and potentially some summer sausage. I will probably do a few trial runs of 5-8 pounds each before I do a couple large batches. Let me know any advice I can get or some good recipes.

Thanks!

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
You will DEFINITELY want to get a stand alone sausage stuffer.
There is a similar thread on here from a few months ago you may get some more info from

OP
C

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
You will DEFINITELY want to get a stand alone sausage stuffer.
There is a similar thread on here from a few months ago you may get some more info from
Found the old thread. Thanks for the advice. I guess LEM will be getting more of my hard earned money. Didn't think about the need for more pressure than the grinder would throw out.

wytx

WKR
A bigger grinder would work with a Cyclone stuffing tube but your smaller one would have issues pushing the sticky meat out.
Our #22 works fine for grinding and stuffing but a sausage stuffer would be much faster.

OP
C

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Called a buddy who had made some and he recommended Waltons casings and seasonings. I'm going to pick up some of their high temp cheese as well unless anyone has a higher quality alternative. I'm looking at the 19mm collagen casings. Just had two buddies dog pile on to the mission with an additional 60-80 lbs of grind between the two of them.

jmez

WKR
I'd use 21mm. They stuff easier and make a nice size stick. Hard to find an attachment for those little casings.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
Called a buddy who had made some and he recommended Waltons casings and seasonings. I'm going to pick up some of their high temp cheese as well unless anyone has a higher quality alternative. I'm looking at the 19mm collagen casings. Just had two buddies dog pile on to the mission with an additional 60-80 lbs of grind between the two of them.
I like the jalapeño seasoning for the snack sticks from Waltons aisle added high melt ghost pepper cheese as well. They came out great!

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a big advocate for AC Legg products. Love them. I’ve never done their jerky or stick seasoning. I have had the Hi Mountain stick seasoning and it was amazing.