Meat Transport

MLB in TN

FNG
Newbie here with a question about transporting meat across state lines. Will be hunting in Colorado during first week archery then immediately heading to Wyoming for the mid-September archery season opener. If I’m fortunate enough to take an elk in Colorado, will the meat have to be de-boned before heading across the border into Wyoming? I know that all meat will have to be de-boned before heading back home to TN but wasn’t sure about the western states regulations. Thx

BFR

WKR
If it has to be deboned before taking it to TN, why would you not get rid of the bones ASAP and not haul them around? Takes up less room and eliminates any doubts. Not trying to be disrespectful just curious, us old guys are like that.

Marble

WKR
I do not know the rules for TN or the other states you are traveling through. Your best solution is to ask your local DFG and ask.

For CA, no spine, clean and open skull. Bones are ok.

For our elk we leave the bone in until we butcher. That's for CO because we have horses. It's easier to manage and deal with.

If I'm back packing I usually bone out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
M

MLB in TN

FNG
If it’s not Wyoming state law to de-bone before traveling into the state I plan to de-bone everything there due to time limitations. Maybe someone else will chime in with knowledge of the reg. In the meant I’ll do some research. Thx