MEAT your maker Chamber Vac

Esq

FNG
New member here, been trolling and learning for awhile. Time to step into the fray and contribute what I know of value to the group - shouldn't take long.

I've been using a cheap standard vacuum sealer for years on fish and have been fairly disappointed. My brother has the vacmaster and it works great, according to him. Seeing some spoiled salmon in my freezer this past month I was motivated to by a chamber vac. I originally planned to buy the LEM from Costco, but they were out and I found the MEAT unit with some good reviews for $600 to my doo on Cyber Monday. I used it to package the grind on a cow elk last week and it works great. Time will tell how it lasts. Also, I bought bags from them and they seem very good as well. Cheap or cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

LETS Get a follow up review on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have you tried to "overheat" the unit?
How easy to clean?
Does it live on your countertop?
New member here, been trolling and learning for awhile. Time to step into the fray and contribute what I know of value to the group - shouldn't take long.

I've been using a cheap standard vacuum sealer for years on fish and have been fairly disappointed. My brother has the vacmaster and it works great, according to him. Seeing some spoiled salmon in my freezer this past month I was motivated to by a chamber vac. I originally planned to buy the LEM from Costco, but they were out and I found the MEAT unit with some good reviews for $600 to my doo on Cyber Monday. I used it to package the grind on a cow elk last week and it works great. Time will tell how it lasts. Also, I bought bags from them and they seem very good as well. Cheap or cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

OP
E

Esq

FNG
I won't have any use for it for quite awhile unfortunately. Maybe we will get some bottom fish in Feb and March but not enough to really test the unit.

Hey so

So can you do a whole chicken in this thing???
This past saturday we did our annual chicken slaughter and i'm still chooching away with bags and thought to myself.. Will the MEAT! brand chamber sealer do whole chickens

def90

WKR
Their website says you can do a whole chicken. That's the $799 model with the oil pump, not the smaller/cheaper model with the air pump.

Gone4Days

WKR
I have this machine and have been quite impressed. I have sealed probably close to 150 bags of game sausage, jerky and other meats in addition to chili, veggies, homemade raisins, etc. No issues with it other than being super heavy.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I'm considering one of these now being that my 3rd Foodsaver is starting to fail and MEAT has a 25% off sale to RMEF members. What is the advantage of the bigger unit as opposed to the smaller one, other than the size? I am leaning towards the larger one strictly because it is not much more money and I always try to go with the larger, more capable units.

Get the larger one.. it's not that big. I have it and sometimes think it's not quite bug enough.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

So MEAT! brand is having a 25% off sale if you spend over $300. I wasn't planning on buying a new sealer till 2024/25, BUT my 1 year old sealer shit the bed. highly irritating

Soo i shelled out the coin and bought the big 16" chamber vac. 16.5x18x7 interior dimensions. The sealer bar can do 2 quart bags at a shot.. This unit can seal an entire deer leg or entire pork roast. I have high hopes for this unit. I'll have a review in about 2 months after I've had a chance to use it for a number of cycles

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Not an owner but can attest to longevity. Resort we guided at we probably put about 1000 pheasant and chukar breasts in bags of 4 or 8 birds. They use it in that capacity about most weekends. Was working overtime. It also lives in their kitchen year round.

Seems to work great