Meateater Booze???

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
There is a lot I love about Steve and the Meateater Team. Got to say though - one of the things I loved at the beginning was how down to earth he was. His shows didn't flash product labels in front of the camera every 30 seconds like a lot of the other guys and he sometimes got skunked when he went hunting - which I thought was really great because let's face it, that's how real hunting can be. Over the years it feels like some of that charm has faded as his message has become more commercialized (my opinion). I find myself wondering how Steve views his job now that he has become famous. I'm sure the beautiful home in Bozeman Montana must be nice, but does he love to go out and hunt like he used to, or is it more like a job? IDK

Scottyboy

WKR
Said it was 5 year old. But don’t recall a source

Cool thanks! The fact they mentioned age statements leads me to believe it’s a whiskey/bourbon, which isn’t surprising given the stupid attention that market is currently getting. Fingers crossed it’s not Dickel 🤷‍♂️🤪 (but it could be worse I suppose)

Chad E

WKR
No doubt that they're smart businessmen/women and will make $. But this thread is evidence that they're offending their base somewhat.

This thread is evidence that the "base" is easily offended. People are mad because a business is branching out? There seems to be a percentage of hunters that want to be pissed at any move made by these various groups.

Dusty2426

WKR
This thread is evidence that the "base" is easily offended. People are mad because a business is branching out? There seems to be a percentage of hunters that want to be pissed at any move made by these various groups.

Not upset at all just providing info I heard on joe rogan today. Get it where you you can and whoever is willing to give it to you

Last edited:

Scottyboy

WKR

And if Aron Synder releases a X liquid product, is this “base” upset? Don’t think so...

Then again, everyone that is upset is it because of rinella or because they don’t drink?? That’s like being pissed at ford for releasing a new vehicle that could help the brand, when you own a Toyota.

Ten Bears

WKR
No one is "pissed" or "melting". I think everyone just misses the way Meateater/Wild Within was in the early years. That being a break from the non stop ad machines of the hunting industry focused on hunting. It was refreshing and relatable. That passed along time ago for some of us, the others such as you don't mind it. The further they get away from actually hunting and the more towards lifestyle marketing the more people get turned off.

Also we understand that a guy has to make a buck so no one is knocking the hustle just slinging booze seems corny given how easily he makes cash doing legitimate stuff. If Aron released some Kifaru Copenhagen no one would bat an eye because he doesn't whore himself out as much or do it as smuggly as the Meateater crew comes off sometime. Also doesn't hurt he started this site, it would be more odd if people didn't defend him here.

I appreciate the light Rinella has shined on hunting and all the work he does. Just wish it didn't get so Ricky Bobby with the ads at times.

I disagree with a lot of you guys. I think Steve Rinella and MeatEater are great. As long as he doesnt leave his principals of respect for the outdoors, animals, and conservation then I dont have a problem with any of it. What's wrong with wanting to turn a better profit? And if it puts some more good whiskey on the market then I'm all about it.