MeatEater has bought First Lite

Anozira

WKR

I'm ok with change as long as it sticks within FL's original core values/ structures of quality and customer service. What I wouldn't want to happen is for things to change so drastically that quality control and customer service goes away. I realize they are a big operation but every time I have called First Lite, a human being answers the phone which to me is huge. They are always happy & helpful with friendly advice and I still get the feeling of a small business. I hope it stays that way.

hoff1ck

WKR
With the product they both currently put out and the values they share, I have an extremely hard time believing that will be the case with this merger.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
With the product they both currently put out and the values they share, I have an extremely hard time believing that will be the case with this merger.

I agree. I'm not sure much at all changes. They were practically partners already. If anything I think it'll help FL grow more, and there may be QC and CS challenges along with that growth, but those would have occurred regardless of the growth mechanism.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Just saw this on the FL Buy Sell Trade FB Page:

“Regarding the MeatEater and First Lite: Hi all...Ross from First Lite here. I wanted to check in with your community and just make a quick statement to help you guys better understand what has happened and what it means.

Yes, The MeatEater has acquired First Lite. The reasons are pretty obvious--we've been partners for the past 10 years (we are their longest running partnership) and over the years Steve and his crew have had an enormous impact on our brand, both from a promotional standpoint and as an impact on our product. We have been essentially working together and growing together since "the early days" and this is more or less a vey natural progression of our relationship.

That said, nothing changes. We stay in Idaho, we are autonomous in the way we run our business, our prices remain the same and The MeatEater will not be affecting our day to day management of the brand in any way. On the positive side, we have more resources now for product testing and development in that we now have a closer relationship than ever and we are working to close the already strong feedback loop between everyone who works in the field at MeatEater and First Lite. We'll also enjoy a bigger impact on effecting our mutual passion for conservation, access and hunting participation as our collective microphone just got a bit bigger. But by in large, the First Lite you guys have helped grown, know and love, will remain exactly the same--building the best product and providing the best customer service in the industry while working to protect all of the places we call our backyard.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to check in here and get back to you, but hopefully this answers most of them.”

Anozira

WKR
Just saw this on the FL Buy Sell Trade FB Page:

“Regarding the MeatEater and First Lite: Hi all...Ross from First Lite here. I wanted to check in with your community and just make a quick statement to help you guys better understand what has happened and what it means.

Yes, The MeatEater has acquired First Lite. The reasons are pretty obvious--we've been partners for the past 10 years (we are their longest running partnership) and over the years Steve and his crew have had an enormous impact on our brand, both from a promotional standpoint and as an impact on our product. We have been essentially working together and growing together since "the early days" and this is more or less a vey natural progression of our relationship.

That said, nothing changes. We stay in Idaho, we are autonomous in the way we run our business, our prices remain the same and The MeatEater will not be affecting our day to day management of the brand in any way. On the positive side, we have more resources now for product testing and development in that we now have a closer relationship than ever and we are working to close the already strong feedback loop between everyone who works in the field at MeatEater and First Lite. We'll also enjoy a bigger impact on effecting our mutual passion for conservation, access and hunting participation as our collective microphone just got a bit bigger. But by in large, the First Lite you guys have helped grown, know and love, will remain exactly the same--building the best product and providing the best customer service in the industry while working to protect all of the places we call our backyard.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to check in here and get back to you, but hopefully this answers most of them.”

Glad to hear it. If that is the case, I am all on board. :cool:(y)

jspradley

WKR
MUH LIBRUL AGENDA!!!! Somehow... lol

This doesn't surprise me, I'm curious to see how it plays out.

As far as buyouts lowering quality, I hear it all the time but do we have concrete, verifiables examples of that happening?

Follow the Stache...

I keep sayin that Ol Cal is the common thread. He is the mastermind and will rule them all. In addition to being a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, he is going to be the Jay Z of the hunting world. Hunter, media personality, business tycoon, sexual icon.

ODB

WKR
I’m surprised these announcements happen as they do. A positive, coordinated, and info-rich press release schedule, including from all the brands simultaneously does a hell of a lot to get your base on board with where things are going, and also to build brand loyalty by informing the most important factor in the company (the customer) ASAP. I’ve done these for several global acquisitions and we always coordinate the message. Also helps keep rumours at bay...

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm ok with change as long as it sticks within FL's original core values/ structures of quality and customer service. What I wouldn't want to happen is for things to change so drastically that quality control and customer service goes away. I realize they are a big operation but every time I have called First Lite, a human being answers the phone which to me is huge. They are always happy & helpful with friendly advice and I still get the feeling of a small business. I hope it stays that way.

Me too! I'm gonna give them all the benefit of the doubt and just expect that their core values won't change. Maybe they'll even get more innovative and include knee pads in the early season stuff, just sayin' :unsure:

Seriously, all the best to First Lite. I can honestly say that Rokslide very well might not exist if First Lite didn't come on. It was much of their sponsor dollars (made from you all's purchases!) that got us over the hump of that first year.

And MeatEater is a force for good to me, so I'm hopeful for this entire situation.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Follow the Stache...

I keep sayin that Ol Cal is the common thread. He is the mastermind and will rule them all. In addition to being a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, he is going to be the Jay Z of the hunting world. Hunter, media personality, business tycoon, sexual icon.
lmao!

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Both companies seem to be comprised of good people. The challenge will be as they grow, not lose the personal feel that they had as 'smaller' companies.