MeatEater has bought First Lite

LostArra

WKR
My experience with First lite products hasnt been the best, quite hoenstly I been avoiding them the last couple of years and pretty much moved all I had. Fitment issue ( crazy swings in sizing) lack of durability, a poor quality control didnt sit well with me.
I am hoping that with this move things make a turn for the better

Same experience here.

I read through all the replies of this thread. I hope there isnt big changes in store for first lite. Last year I had a mistake on an order I placed, completely my fault. I called them and explained the issue and was assured that they would correct it. Gave the guy my address and he told me he was from a town that was like 10 miles from where i was calling from. We bs'd for like 30 minutes about the hunting around our area. It was a good experience with first lite as a company. I hope they keep that layer in their new business model. THAT'S what makes me a reapeat customer.

Savage99

WKR
I was waiting for this. It is the second step.

First the antihunting/antigun meateater "crew" will sneak in with years and years of posting about hunting and eating meat etc to get a good base of customers. Pretending to be progun and prohunting the entire time. When in actuality they are gun stealin liberal commies that want to destroy our American heritage! They will have everyone staring into their phones and constantly monitoring what people post and say.

The next step is to acquire a outdoor clothing company. Not the largest but one that has a very strong following...almost a rabid following. They have been partnering with FL for years. Eventually they will convince their customer base that camo doesn't matter...that solid browns are the way to go if you are truly a "super hunter". Once they have their entire customer base dressed in solid browns they will move on to step three.

Step three is to convince the customer base that a certain pair of boots is the only way to go. Eventually they will have the majority wearing schnees. Then schnees will switch from leather/camo etc to just straight black boots.

Step four is to activate all the "customers" and constantly watch what everyone is doing through their media outlet. Basically keeping an eye on dissenters and silencing them immediately. The screens see all. If you disagree with their stance on anything...putting BBQ sauce on tenderloin for example...you will have brown shirted black booted thugs at your door to teach you a lesson.

Step five they have their army of brown shirt black booted thugs go out and do thug things. Anyone that disagrees with Chaos ensues. By that point they should have Rinella in a political office that will give him tons of power...in a puppet master sort of way. Plus all the other "sleeper cell" types that are already in political office. Cal will then run for president. Everyone will vote for him...liberals, conservatives, libertarians...the mustache is the great unifier. Big brother had a mustache....Cal has a mustache...coincidence I think not!

The final step: 1984.

I knew it!!

If I disappear without trace please make sure to pass on my good morel spots to my children. The maps are buried behind my shed in a glass jar under a lilac bush. You will know which one if I am gone. God speed!

Username checks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Username checks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice try. Savage99...hmmm...Rinella has been using savage rifles and promoting them for years.
You probably don't even know what a rotary magazine is and possibly never even shot a lever gun.

I would be willing to bet you are a sleeper cell and the 99 signifies the year you left room 101. Either that or you are a plant that was ordered to arm the "customers" before they are activated.

I didn't realize the party would be coming for me this soon...time to upgrade from my foil hat to a full on Faraday Cage. Your mind control will not work on me!

Sitka KUIU Firstlite they are all made in China . Bet your typing this on a Chinese phone or a Chinese computer. Its hard to get away from .

There are American made alternatives to Kuiu, First Light, etc. Sixsite, Wild Things and Beyond Clothing all make quality gear right here in USA. As for Merino wool briefs, Smartwool and Kentwool both make amazing product. Yeah I know Merino comes from New Zealand...

Reactions: ODB

MtGomer

WKR
Schnees has Duckworth merino products and I think they are from American raised wool.
Yeah, that’s the problem. Duckworth grazes their subsidized sheep via the Helle Ranch on public lands in the Greenhorn and Gravelly Mountain range of Montana. They’re responsible for an all age die off of bighorns and are the reason the existing herd’s population is still suppressed.

It’s bad enough that they do it, then they try to market it as grown in Montana, as if that’s anything other than a negative.
The least they can do is stop trailing their sheep through occupied habitat to their summer range and use stock trucks but last I read they won’t even agree to that.

Yes, I agree on the sheep problem. When I was down in that part of the country several times in the early 90s
flying surveys for several State agencies and the Feds, it was a common thing for the Biologists and Game
Wardens to refer to the domestic sheep as " range maggots" !!

tdhanses

WKR
There are American made alternatives to Kuiu, First Light, etc. Sixsite, Wild Things and Beyond Clothing all make quality gear right here in USA. As for Merino wool briefs, Smartwool and Kentwool both make amazing product. Yeah I know Merino comes from New Zealand...

Nothing wrong with made in Oz.

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t have a problem with the camo underwear, other than it didn’t survive as many washings as it should have, for the price. The made in China is the real killer for me.

How can any North American company that is pro-hunting send $$ to that place truly amazes me. The Chinese black market is responsible for the bulk of the poaching taking place in Africa and elsewhere in the world right now. How many rhino horns do they really need to make their peckers hard? The Chinese imprison millions of people for the way they worship and pollute the environment to a ridiculous extent, no thank you.

View attachment 105711
Kifaru shirts are also made in China...