Meateater Season 10 thoughts?

Definitely stretching for content........enjoyed the mount goat hunt..agree with above 22min is kinda of lame on platform like Netflix...original contract may not have expired yet...

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
Similar to others liked the Mt Goat hunt but feel like they need more than 22 min episodes on Netflix. I’d rather see more on that one particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkyinzer

WKR
The PA flintlock episode was sweet but because of the relatability mostly. It's definitely a cool opportunity we have and the flintlock is definitely a terrible frustrating weapon and I thought that was all conveyed in a real way. That episode was 100% PA flintlocking in a nutshell.

Mountain goat hunt was cool.

I'm a huge fan of Luke Combs the musician but I could do without the hunts where he's yuccing it up with celebs. It's just boring.

Clay Newcomb just irks me. I know real life people and in front of camera people are often totally different but in front of a camera he comes off as kinda arrogant and pompous to me. But I like the shows where Steve highlights common man stuff like squirrel hunting. That's truer to the meateater brand than a OIL goat tag imo.

I can't believe it's been 10 years, chalk it up to another feeling old moment. I think when SteveO started out he was living in an apartment in NYC and now it appears he's got a ranch in Montana with a sick gear garage. You know that hurts some people in the jealous bone!

Last edited:

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
This is just personal preference, but I more enjoy episodes of hunts on public land more than private land. Even if Steve doesn't get anything, hunting private just isn't as exciting for me.

Overall it was well done, I always watch every episode. Usually end up learning something new.

aman

FNG
I can't believe it's been 10 years, chalk it up to another feeling old moment. I think when SteveO started out he was living in an apartment in NYC and now it appears he's got a ranch in Montana with a sick gear garage. You know that irks some peoples jealous bone!
This guy keeps describing himself as a "7-th generation Arkansan"..... If there is one thing in life you have absolutely no control over it's your birth place. Let's pick a better adjective dude.

OP
Lambfish

Lambfish

FNG
Mt Goat hunt was the best but I feel like there was so much story that was missing.
I think they need to do away with the 22 minute per episode format they've carried over from old media.
Big agree here. I think they sacrificed some of the story to highlight more of the cooking/eating. Seems like the older episodes had a minute or two of the culinary aspect at the end, but really focused on the hunt and the work behind it.

I thought the season was great and each episode had something interesting going on. Sometimes I prefer the big mountain hunts but I also think the episodes with Texas with Jesse Griffiths are great because the cooking segments are fantastic. That trick he did where he rolled the whole flank (or whatever you call it) of venison was awesome.

WY Pronghorn: Cringe worthy. First Meateater episode I've been embarrassed about my show choice in front of wife.

MT Goat: Great episode simply because shows with mountain goat hunting are so rare. I'd like to hunt with Kurt.

TX Whitetails: As a Texan who drives to Kansas to whitetail hunt, I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. It was cool to see Steve get a nice whitetail and the cooking was great. I'm not sure how they could have made south Texas deer hunting look more enjoyable.

PA Flintlock: An entertaining comedy
I haven't watched the 5th episode.

HuntingIndian

Lil-Rokslider
never watched this show.
randomly picked 2 episodes.

pa flintlock was entertaining.

5th episode i think? i got headache listening to this guy clay talk about craigslist and his mule for first 6 minutes. less talky more action would be nice.

skipped others

NoWiser

WKR
I didn't love the pronghorn episode. I don't watch Meateater to see out of shape celebrities learning how to hunt. I enjoyed the goat hunt, the Texas deer hunt (notably the cooking portion), and the flintlock hunt. I haven't gone any farther into the season than that so far. As a whole, I don't like the show as much as I did in the early years, but it's still pretty good.

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
I really enjoyed their earlier seasons when Steve is going hardcore in New Zealand or Alaska with Remi, but the current seasons are still cool to watch just don’t enjoy them as much. Miss when it was all on public except for the white tail.

I thought the season was great and each episode had something interesting going on. Sometimes I prefer the big mountain hunts but I also think the episodes with Texas with Jesse Griffiths are great because the cooking segments are fantastic. That trick he did where he rolled the whole flank (or whatever you call it) of venison was awesome.
Rouladen, or what Steve called “rolo-den”. My family is still in Germany and it’s prepared much differently. I’m going to try it the way Jesse prepared it. I’m sure to prefer it that way better.

RMM

WKR
PA episode was pretty cool, however I might be biased. The intro scene with the snowy road and the bridge caught my attention because its right where I turn to watch some stud bulls in the rut. I was just there about 2 weeks ago.

3forks

WKR
You’ve obviously never been to Colorado. They think being a “native” is a personality trait.
I don’t know if it’s a personality trait as much as it’s a way for us to differentiate ourselves from some of the clowns that move here from say… oh, I don’t know - say the UP of Michigan.🤣

*That comment was a joke. My wife is from the UP of Michigan, and I’m assuming the “yooper” in your username was chosen because you’re from there too.