Meateater sells a controlling stake to anti-gun Democrat?

After reading what I posted, I see it may appear anti business or anti capatalism. That was not my intention at all. I see now that my comments were not appropriate for this thread, they were a whine against big government. I'm anti big government period and anti big government and big business crony capatalism. I blame big government for crony capatalism. I'm pro business with very limited government control. I don't know what "system" you are talking about that I'm blaming. I blame the government. I blame "the corrupt" few in business too, agreeing with you. I'm pro capatalism, extremely pro small business and very, very limited government. I certainly did don't mean to knock you or other businesses, quite the contrary. Business is good right now and that's great for everyone!!

We are definitely on the Same page brother! Our founders never intended the Federal government to have as much control as they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

come2elmo

WKR
We are definitely on the Same page brother! Our founders never intended the Federal government to have as much control as they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well....depends on which ones you are talking about. The Federalist Party lead by Alexander Hamilton did not trust “the people” and actually believed in a stronger central government lead by the aristocracy. Freedom yes but on their terms.

BK Ammenwerth

Lil-Rokslider
After listening to Meateater basically since they started I was alarmed at reading some of this initially. I then listen to Steve’s response. I for one also believe he has done more good for hunters, our way of life, educating non hunters, and bringing people together on issues of public land. I’m going to give him the benefit of doubt. The whole green decoy scares me a bit as I’m a long time member of BHA and several other conservation groups.

The dichotomy of Left vs Right. Public Land vs 2a is a tough political landscape to manage. Seems we are always on at least one wrong side of the fence. What scares me is the political environment my son will grow up in. It feels we’ve never been more divided. Even among our own “tribe” as in hunters and outdoorsman. We need to all stick together.

I say that because in the late 90s-2000s I used to guide for salmon and steelhead. At DF&W open meeting regarding season and allowable harvest we sportsman and guides couldn’t even align together for a cause. I can explain.
Fly fishermen wanted fly only
Most guides just wanted opportunity to catch fish even if it meant CnR
Many old timers wanted to bonk fish
Some wanted bait, some single barbless artificial only
Some drift boat only
Some jet sleds
Some wanted boats only as transport not to fish from.
You get the idea, guess who normally won. The Tribal fishery and commercial fishery.
Why you may ask? Because they stuck together with an identical agenda to catch fish for $$$$.
Ironically sportfishing as you all prob know generated much much more money for the economy and for DFW on a per fish basis. We need to stick together, recruit sportsman, and bring as many people to at least accept, respect, and protect our way of life. For the future of our lifestyle and the generations that come after us we gotta stick together.

diggerak

FNG
Always felt like he was a hunter with liberal tendacies.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

BK Ammenwerth

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be been a long time BHA member and active volunteer over the years and I’m really starting question everything. Either BHA and it’s upper echelon truly is a wolf in sheep’s clothing or corporate outdoor groups and gun companies hedge their bets thinking dems and anti gun groups actually grow sales. (Awful brash to risk it all). But as a hunter it’s scary cause you have to go way down the rabbit hole and still feel like your not 100% on what side anyone’s on. Every bit of info has to be filtered, it’s confusing

jspradley

WKR
I do fear for what partisan politics is going to do to hunting... for the most part, with a few notable exceptions, Democrats don't care about gun rights and Republicans don't care about public lands or environmental issues, all of which are vital issues that hunting can't really exist without. Not that politicians care about much of anything other than getting reelected but they are least pretend... ;)

I honestly can't think of another group that straddles the line between the left and right like hunters.

Btaylor

WKR
Sad part is most people really aren't that different when it comes to core values...
There was a time when I agrees with that but i dont think that is the case anymore. There is a difference between large metro areas and the rest of the country. Sure there are folks in the large metro areas that align more with us but they are a decided minority.

jspradley

WKR
There was a time when I agrees with that but i dont think that is the case anymore. There is a difference between large metro areas and the rest of the country. Sure there are folks in the large metro areas that align more with us but they are a decided minority.

That's certainly what we see when we turn on the TV or check social media but in reality I don't think that's the case at all for the majority of people.

I've read some interesting info that studies looking for our "growing political divide" can't seem to find it when core values are examined, the only real division seems to be over essentially petty differences and self professed political party identification.

Btaylor

WKR
That's certainly what we see when we turn on the TV or check social media but in reality I don't think that's the case at all for the majority of people.

I've read some interesting info that studies looking for our "growing political divide" can't seem to find it when core values are examined, the only real division seems to be over essentially petty differences and self professed political party identification.
Just looking at it from the standpoint of how many millions of people in this country have never been on a gravel road. Their proclaimed core values in a phone or sidewalk survey may not be vastly different than yours or mine but it is my opinion that they can not formulate a legitimate pro or against case for things like hunting, land and wildlife conservation, habitat or wildlife management. They have zero experience with them. It is why the vast majority of "animal rights" folks sound like blubbering idiots, they are ignorant of reality but not short on lung capacity.

Completely agree with the party identification point.