Meateater sells a controlling stake to anti-gun Democrat?

EastMT

WKR
I for one am just glad we have an outrage of the week. We haven’t had one since Sitka. Getting mighty quiet on the interwebs.

I hate AR’s, dope smoking kids rattling off 1000 rounds from their hip while I’m trying to test reloads. I’ve owned 10 or so of them, I dislike shooting them, so I sold them and own zero. If they ban them, I’ll go buy another bolt gun. If they ban rifles I’ll buy a bow.

I’ll cast my vote and let the chips fall where they may. That’s the beauty of democracy, when you get outnumbered, you lose. If we are outnumbered due to all these idiots shooting crap up that’s what happens.

Do I want them banned? No. Will it happen? At some point yes. The world as a whole is moving to the left, it will happen. Whether it’s an actual ban or a Clinton style manufacture ban is the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
I'm real cynical and sarcastic like Coop, however I completely disagree with conclusion. Maybe he's joking?

Takem

WKR
Ridiculous that people are attacking Rinella over this. He is aligning himself with people that support our lifestyle and support public lands. You don’t have to agree with everything to still support the cause. You also don’t have to agree with everyone that’s involved. He’s a great ambassador for hunting and public lands. As a recent transplant to the Bay Area coworkers of mine that have never hunted ask me all the time about it because they’ve either seen the TV show or heard him on podcasts. Lots of people think all hunters are a bunch of bloodthirsty Elmer fudd’s. He’s changing that perception daily.

Welcome to the area. It's good to know we've still got some good guys moving this way. Thanks to Rinella I've gotten way more into sharing my fish and game meet with people around here over the last couple of years. I'll either have them over for dinner or, if I know they are good cooks, I'll give them some choice pieces of meat to bring home. I've gotten several people really engaged in discussions about the positive impacts of hunting because of how much they enjoyed and appreciated the meat. These are people that would normally not be paying attention to our issues but are now somewhat interested and able to hopefully share some of that interest with others. Also thanks to Steve and Hank Shaw I've got a mach larger menu I'm putting on the table which helps.

three5x5s

WKR
If I had a message I wanted to share, I hope I wouldn't sell the controlling interest to someone who could tell me what my message would now be. Maybe, Hopefully, those now in control will grant Steve permission to share his message as he wishes. Investor's... sure bring em on. Controllers I don't know??

EastMT

WKR
Some of it is, but yeah they will be banned at some point, it’s a given. You just have to decide what you will do about.

What you gonna do? Vote, that’s all you got. I know, there’s some dudes running around in fatigues you can join somewhere, sounds effective.

I don't think I'd be so arrogant to those that might questions things, by automatically placing them in your convenient groups. I'm as conservation minded as anyone. I make a living off of resources that demand conservation. Wildlife included. No one on this thread is against anything or anyone you just posted as far as I have read. Only pointing out the dangers it might pose. I understand your response in the context of being disgusted with those that assume things. All I am saying is don't be that guy iwhile basing your whole point on "that guy.".

I'm assuming your entire post revolves around my "anyone that disagrees" bit... that was probably a poor wording. I mean anyone that doesn't like this situation/disagrees with the purchase/selling. Not anyone who disagrees with me or my trust in Steve to have thought through this.

I don't understand how my post was taken as arrogant at all, but i'm sorry that it was.

What groups did I place people in?

EastMT

WKR
You’d have just as good a chance as the 3rd world has had against us. Zero. Black and white thermal images would show you scattered in pieces just like the ones we’ve all seen.

The fact that they dropped bombs on US citizens fighting against the US has been done, and nobody prosecuted so that ship has sailed.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Pretty much. I haven't followed Meateater since he made the stupid remark about pigs not doing as much damage on the landscape as people claimed. California pig hunt episode in case you forgot or haven't seen it.
2e4033ae01bf0f38fe027542f8baffbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Yeah, when you had equal weapons. Take your ar and wipe that drone out

Funny how some just assume our soldiers are just robots that follow orders. So you assume the military would just go with the government if there ever was a revolution on American soil?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Pretty sure that once you take up arms with a terrorist organization, or as a criminal, no one gives a shit if you get shot or bombed. My oath was to defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You’d have just as good a chance as the 3rd world has had against us. Zero. Black and white thermal images would show you scattered in pieces just like the ones we’ve all seen.

The fact that they dropped bombs on US citizens fighting against the US has been done, and nobody prosecuted so that ship has sailed.

You honestly think US citizens, let me correct that US armed services members would drop bombs on thier loved ones?