MeatEater

jspradley

WKR
Guys I was wrong...finally started watching the new season and that gut shot on the elk was clearly a ploy to make hunters look bad.

How could I be so blind?!?!?!?

I cherry picked and watched the Elk and Dall Sheep episodes first. It's not that I wont eventually watch some of the other episodes, I just don't live anywhere near a place I can go crabbing and that isn't a bucket list trip for me.

Fatcamp

WKR
I started watching them. Good stuff, but I come from a long line of trotline people and enjoy swamps.

Wonder if he would have showed the elk episode if the recovery didn't happen.

Gumbo

WKR
Guys I was wrong...finally started watching the new season and that gut shot on the elk was clearly a ploy to make hunters look bad.

How could I be so blind?!?!?!?

I just watched that and like you I don't buy into the conspiracy theory. But let's be honest: the narrative when he said in so many words that the bull might not die from that shot is BS. It was a gut shot and a dead elk...why he said such a stupid thing, on a script nonetheless, is baffling. Either way it looked and sounded bad. More non-hunters will probably watch a show on netflix than any other platform and him showing/saying that is absolutely horrible. He needs to be more conscious of what he is saying/showing!

jspradley

WKR
I started watching them. Good stuff, but I come from a long line of trotline people and enjoy swamps.

Wonder if he would have showed the elk episode if the recovery didn't happen.

I want to say there was another episode where he made a shot and didnt recover the animal..I could be wrong though.

WRO

WKR
Uh, shooting them doesn't help control the population. This has been proven over and over again.
Long term no, short term it absolutely helps..

Killing them all winter has definitely helped our deer herds.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
I'm just bummed there aren't any "people of color" in the new season. Since a meateater contributor wrote an entire article detailing how hunting is too white...you'd think the renaissance man himself would have stepped up to the plate and change the racist culture of hunting.

cmahoney

WKR
I'm just bummed there aren't any "people of color" in the new season. Since a meateater contributor wrote an entire article detailing how hunting is too white...you'd think the renaissance man himself would have stepped up to the plate and change the racist culture of hunting.

That’s covered next season, Elizabeth Warren is going to be a guest with recipes from the pow wow chow cookbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh, shooting them doesn't help control the population. This has been proven over and over again.

Furadan has been shown to halt the existence of coyote populations. Frowned upon for the non-target species ie-birds of prey. Likely why it has gone to the wayside. Just as Meateater has!!!