MeatEater

jspradley

WKR
I remember back in high school I was a big metalhead and every time a band would make it big the entire community would whine about how they "sold out" and "their first album was the only good one" when the new stuff is better in just about every way it's a weird kind of hipsterish jealousy that just can't stand to see someone succeed.

There may be some parallels here.

NUGGET

WKR
My kids love the show. There isn't another hunting show out there that comes even close to keeping their attention. That's proof enough to me that he's doing something right. I also have to agree with my kids, there isn't another hunting show out there I can stand to watch.

The podcasts are hit or miss. Mostly misses.

jspradley

WKR
My kids love the show. There isn't another hunting show out there that comes even close to keeping their attention. That's proof enough to me that he's doing something right. I also have to agree with my kids, there isn't another hunting show out there I can stand to watch.

The podcasts are hit or miss. Mostly misses.

Solo Huntr and Newberg are worth a watch too, but I agree with your kids too, just about everything else is garbage.

As much as I love Newberg he does do the same old hunts over and over again, but he does show so much detail in the day-by-day episodes that it stays interesting.

I will agree the MeatEater podcast has gone downhill a bit, it's not terrible by any means but IMO the episodes don't grab me like they used to.

I remember back in high school I was a big metalhead and every time a band would make it big the entire community would whine about how they "sold out" and "their first album was the only good one" when the new stuff is better in just about every way it's a weird kind of hipsterish jealousy that just can't stand to see someone succeed.

There may be some parallels here.
I think in this case they actually did "sell out"...like signed on a dotted line.
Honestly i dont care enough to rehash the why's or what's of the thought process.
The good thing is we all get support or not by choosing to watch or listen- or not.

Poser

WKR
I think in this case they actually did "sell out"...like signed on a dotted line.
Honestly i dont care enough to rehash the why's or what's of the thought process.
The good thing is we all get support or not by choosing to watch or listen- or not.

Make Meateater Great Again.... by putting it back on the Sportsman Channel with a archaic business model and 8 minutes of commercial break per episode

Poser

WKR
Flat brims and "Bro's" as well.

It's short on hugs as well. And mantears.

Might as well just put Wildgame Nation on Netflix instead of Meateater, refer to all hunting related nouns as brandnames, have a heavy metal intro everytime a buck approaches a pile of corn. For that matter, sell your Kifaru, buy a Cuddieback, kill 1,000 ducks a season but swear up and down that ducks are inedible, write social media posts about public lands being little more than communist driven wildlife ghettos, swear up and down that the moon phase influences rut timing and most definitely justify smaller animals as “cull bucks” even though you aren’t hunting behind high fences, only that you’re world view is so shaped by high fence hunters that you can’t possibly imagine that there must be another perspective that exists out there in the world. Also, James Krull has all of the answers.

Did I leave anything out?

NUGGET

WKR
Solo Huntr and Newberg are worth a watch too, but I agree with your kids too, just about everything else is garbage.

As much as I love Newberg he does do the same old hunts over and over again, but he does show so much detail in the day-by-day episodes that it stays interesting.

I will agree the MeatEater podcast has gone downhill a bit, it's not terrible by any means but IMO the episodes don't grab me like they used to.

Solohuntr is good. Thanks for reminding me about them. I'd rather watch pimple popping videos on youtube than Randy Newberg. Talk about content overload. Every day hes uploading a bunch of just straight up crap. "how to tie your shows" "how to dispose of your unused hunting tags" "antelope, for the guys who can't kill anything else". It's just content vomit. I found if I watch his shows on mute they are not half bad. God willing if theres a duct tape sponsorship out there they will hook Randy Newberg up.

jspradley

WKR
Solohuntr is good. Thanks for reminding me about them. I'd rather watch pimple popping videos on youtube than Randy Newberg. Talk about content overload. Every day hes uploading a bunch of just straight up crap. "how to tie your shows" "how to dispose of your unused hunting tags" "antelope, for the guys who can't kill anything else". It's just content vomit. I found if I watch his shows on mute they are not half bad. God willing if theres a duct tape sponsorship out there they will hook Randy Newberg up.

Tell us how you really feel, don't hold back! lol

I love Randy, he cracks me up and just seems like a super awesome old dude, but I can see how some folks wouldn't like his show.

I10duck

FNG
I'm kind of excited about the new episodes being released online and then I look at the episodes... Birds, squirrels, crab. The only one I'm really interested in watching is Alaska dall sheep. Either Rinella is getting soft or he had other things to do besides hunt big game last year.
The Sitka deer hunts were cool
And I appreciate his variety of game and fish

OP
I
My buddies and I are much more interested in Randy Newberg’s animal selection—native, big game species.

holzgene

FNG
I'm guessing they will release the second half of this season eventually, maybe I'm wrong but I think they released more episodes for Season 7 after the initial release. I've enjoyed this season so far.

If you follow along the podcast you almost know what you’re going to see, he can only go on so many hunts. Listen to the Washington elk podcast and the coues podcast. Both are quite good and had me really looking forward to the episodes. I thought they did a good job.

I pick and choose through the podcasts these days, and the good ones are usually the ones after a hunt talking about what happened. They give a lot of depth and fill in details you don’t get in the show.

I will say I’m not really a huge fan of Kenyon so his increased appearance is not my favorite, but thAg is what it is. Hopefully he will hunt with Remi again next season.

holzgene

FNG
If you follow along the podcast you almost know what you’re going to see, he can only go on so many hunts. Listen to the Washington elk podcast and the coues podcast. Both are quite good and had me really looking forward to the episodes. I thought they did a good job.

I pick and choose through the podcasts these days, and the good ones are usually the ones after a hunt talking about what happened. They give a lot of depth and fill in details you don’t get in the show.

I will say I’m not really a huge fan of Kenyon so his increased appearance is not my favorite, but thAg is what it is. Hopefully he will hunt with Remi again next season.
Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about Kenyon?