MeatEater

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about Kenyon?
I honestly can’t put a finger on it. I know that sounds like a cop-out, I’m still trying to figure it out for myself.

off the top of my head I feel like a lot of the time he is talking with little to no substance. He said words, but it added nothing. Idk I’m reaching, maybe I’ll really iron it out in the future. I know his tantrum on back 40 of that mower was cringe worthy

Last edited:

Gobbler36

WKR
I'm just bummed there aren't any "people of color" in the new season. Since a meateater contributor wrote an entire article detailing how hunting is too white...you'd think the renaissance man himself would have stepped up to the plate and change the racist culture of hunting.
Hahaha I thought the same thing!

holzgene

FNG
I honestly can’t put a finger on it. I know that sounds like a cop-out, I’m still trying to figure it out for myself.

off the top of my head I feel like a lot of the time he is talking with little to no substance. He said words, but it added nothing. Idk I’m reaching, maybe I’ll really iron it out in the future. I know his tantrum on back 40 of that mower was cringe worthy
Yeah I see what you mean. I actually enjoy his podcast, as a midwestern whitetail hunter. Haven't really watched back 40....seems a bit cheezy. "Win a hunt" stuff doesn't interest me.

Yeah I see what you mean. I actually enjoy his podcast, as a midwestern whitetail hunter. Haven't really watched back 40....seems a bit cheezy. "Win a hunt" stuff doesn't interest me.
I like the concept, and while win a hunt is boring, giving away the property is pretty awesome. I enjoyed das boat more, but I’ll continue consuming 40. I like that it’s different I think it pushes others to think outside the box.

Maybe I’ll try his podcast, I want to enjoy him, I just prefer others. I like when we get to see a lot of the Latvian eagle actually hunting

ODB

WKR

100%. To be honest, I don’t “connect” with anyone on the show other than Steve. He is at least trying to touch on bigger themes. The rest seem instructional or infotainment.

I watched it all in one sitting and loved every minute of it. My only complaint is that there isn't more of it. It's the best show on TV, bar none (in my opinion). Sure, there might be some stuff that people cringe at or feel uncomfortable about, but at the end of the day, if a non-hunter wants to get a good idea about hunting and I can't personally take them out, the next best thing is to ask them to watch MeatEater.

I hate being such a 'fanboi' over this stuff, but here in Australia, we don't have as much hunting content to consume, so I get really excited over this stuff. Discovering this show, and consequently, other stuff as a result, such as Remi Warren, Ryan Callaghan, etc, has made my life so much better.

I would love for them to come to Australia and film some episodes.

zacattack

WKR
I'm kind of excited about the new episodes being released online and then I look at the episodes... Birds, squirrels, crab. The only one I'm really interested in watching is Alaska dall sheep. Either Rinella is getting soft or he had other things to do besides hunt big game last year.

Seems like the exact same format to me, a few Big game, small game and some seafood. I really enjoyed the episodes I watched before I left and I do enjoy the variety of animals and meat over every other show.

I am amazed that they still can’t hunt turkeys for crap.

Poser

WKR
Keep sleeping on those sika fellas.....

Meateater is literally the only hunting show my wife will watch with me. We were big fans of his first show "The Wild Within"

Interesting because that show reportedly got cancelled for not testing well enough with females.

Might as well just put Wildgame Nation on Netflix instead of Meateater, refer to all hunting related nouns as brandnames, have a heavy metal intro everytime a buck approaches a pile of corn. For that matter, sell your Kifaru, buy a Cuddieback, kill 1,000 ducks a season but swear up and down that ducks are inedible, write social media posts about public lands being little more than communist driven wildlife ghettos, swear up and down that the moon phase influences rut timing and most definitely justify smaller animals as “cull bucks” even though you aren’t hunting behind high fences, only that you’re world view is so shaped by high fence hunters that you can’t possibly imagine that there must be another perspective that exists out there in the world. Also, James Krull has all of the answers.

Did I leave anything out?

that was so good I literally cringed reading it lol

Okhotnik

WKR
Interesting because that show reportedly got cancelled for not testing well enough with females.

Having women crying on his show because they can't hit a target with a shotgun 20 yards away will certainly attract the Oprah crowd. And wear a lot of make up and jewelry before you head out hunting.

If women want qual rights they should be held to the same standards as a male hunter. Lowering standards is the downfall of our culture.

Surprised he doesn't require new hunters on his to take a hunters safety course before going on his show.Learning the basic of firearms safety , hunter conservation history and responsibility s the foundation of a new hunter. And would certainly help educate the public on his show instead of millennials who hunt now because it is the cool thing to do.

Never heard a word from Rinella on his shows on the importance of firearms safety

Like his pod case some hit sand misses

Okhotnik

WKR
I thought Lord Chouinard had all the answers? At least in his own mind he does.......

The secret of Choinard's wealth and happiness is utilizing Cheap Chinese slave labor for production and virtue signaling in advertising.

Poser

WKR
The secret of Choinard's wealth and happiness is utilizing Cheap Chinese slave labor for production and virtue signaling in advertising.

The secrets of James Kroll’s success is being the head coach of a legion of hunters who somehow in the age of information, are as misinformed as this guy.

d295f3d38252d1012f92860b8a7fd340.jpg

The secrets of James Kroll’s success is being the head coach of a legion of hunters who somehow in the age of information, are as misinformed as this guy.

d295f3d38252d1012f92860b8a7fd340.jpg
Actually, I know Kroll pretty well and he would take issue with that person's post.

Kroll knows deer. Make no mistake about it.

It's the way he values deer and what he's willing to do to increase the price tag on their head (and privatize a public resource) that I don't agree with. Kroll was on the front lines of the high fence issue, as the #1 advocate even way back in the day. That should tell a person all they need to know.