MECHANICAL BROADHEADS IN IDAHO

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone think Idaho will get with the times and allow mechanical heads on big game? I can't find any recent articles on the subject, so I thought I'd see if someone had heard any other news? Also, this is not a bash mechanical thread. If you do not like them please keep your opinions to yourself, just trying to see if someone has heard something.

Rob5589

WKR
Without trying to sound like I am bashing mechs, why do you feel that they "aren't with the times" by not allowing them? Do you or your partners not hunt Idaho because you'd have to use a fixed blade head?

OP
BowhuntingBrune3

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
No I live here and use fixed but in colorado, where i am from i used them all the time and liked them a lot. Not that I don't like fixed blades but it is one of those things where i feel like the hunter should be able to choose.

OP
BowhuntingBrune3

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Also, and I could be wrong with this but from the research I have done Idaho is the only state left that doesn't allow them.

Beendare

WKR
I think you are right about ID being the only state...eventually they will move into the 20th century- grin...but I haven't heard anything.

My buddies all used these mech heads with no problems, Evolution outdoors hybrid
HERE

OP
BowhuntingBrune3

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Trail153 and 87TT can I ask why you are opposed to mechanicals? Have you had bad experiences with them?

TheTone

WKR
I’m hoping we stay away from them. I’ve never had a problem getting good fixed blades to fly and there is nothing to go wrong. Yes I have had mechanicals and seen problems; deflection, lack of penetration, and fragility mainly

OP
BowhuntingBrune3

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
I understand if you have had issues with them, I guess I feel like as a hunter you should have the choice. That was the my main reason I started this thread I just didn't state it correctly above.

87TT

WKR
Trail153 and 87TT can I ask why you are opposed to mechanicals? Have you had bad experiences with them?
One less thing to go wrong. Tune your bow and BH's fly just like FP's. I'm just OK with it the way it is as I have never felt the need for Mechs.

excaliber

WKR
I could care less about allowing Mechanical heads here as I think fixed blades are just fine. Not allowing lighted nocks is way behind the times. What possible advantage could that give the hunters other than seeing where they hit and finding their arrows?