Medium vs Large titanium stove burn time

mporter012

Lil-Rokslider
Lookin to buy a stove for my Cimarron. The price/weight of seeks med/large are negligible, but is the burn time of the large worth buying it or should i just go with the medium? Other stove brands i should consider?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Larger one, Never settle for second choice. you'll be saying, man I wish I got the other got he larger one.. Ask me how I know?

OP
M

mporter012

Lil-Rokslider
Larger one, Never settle for second choice. you'll be saying, man I wish I got the other got he larger one.. Ask me how I know?
I have 2 questions for you? 1) do you have a GSP? 2) How do you know????

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
I have the medium it will burn you out of the tent burn times are not very long but doubt you will gain much time with the large.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have 2 questions for you? 1) do you have a GSP? 2) How do you know????
1,I am currently on my six GSP, Axl. He is the longest lived one I have had the pleasure of having, 13+ years. 2,I know because I have made purchases and said, I wish I had got the other one.

OP
M

mporter012

Lil-Rokslider
1,I am currently on my six GSP, Axl. He is the longest lived one I have had the pleasure of having, 13+ years. 2,I know because I have made purchases and said, I wish I had got the other one.
Awesome, I have a 1.5 year old. He's a handful! Currently having a rare moment of sitting on the couch!

D S 319

WKR
Large you will be able to have larger pieces of wood. As for the burn time they both gonna burn fast. I’d go with the large personally.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Current GSP Axl. In bed with hunting boots on. The desert is hard on their feet.

Attachments

• Resized_21560-1.jpeg
    Resized_21560-1.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 41

*zap*

WKR
I hear that the stove luxe sells is very good....3w? Has glass in the door. I have a medium so stove. Large has maybe 30% more capacity. Less capacity and you just stoke it more......the luxe stove has no csr service at all...once you open the box it is yours and the listing says the box may contain..I am gonna see how well the medium stove works in the new to me ti-goat vertix 7.5....it is plenty in the Cimarron.

go Bigger. had both. Weight isn’t sig enough to feel imo, and the added versatility is nice. I ended up going longer pipe as well. Now I have something that works with multiple shelter sizes and I’ve found a nice flow with.

Poser

WKR
I have the smallest wood stove that TiGoat made. I believe it is a 14 inch cylinder stove. It puts off plenty of heat for a Cimarron, though you have to do a good bit more processing work for wood to fit in it and feed it more regularly. The upside? Significantly less volume in your pack than the large stove designs.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
i just sold a medium u turn and replaced it with a large. The medium heated my Cimarron just fine, but you have to cut or break up the wood very short, and stoke it constanty. The weight and size difference is nothing. Go with the large.

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider
Look up Four Dog stoves. Well revered and a bonus of a MN company. Not cheap but really light and quality appears to be top notch. Haven’t used one personally but have been researching as well.

Marble

WKR
I've got 3 right now....13, 7 and 2. The 2 year old is doing the terrible 2s currently.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
I have a 16 man Teepee from SO. We got the Big Mama I think it's called. It gets warm. The long stove pipe also gets warm. Burn time is not long. If you keep a pile of wood in the tent and set an alarm an hour or two before you want to get up you can stoke the fire and warm it up.

They do not burn through the night.

Also, folded up it fits in my Cavern. I feel it's safer in there than on the horse.

OP
M

mporter012

Lil-Rokslider
i just sold a medium u turn and replaced it with a large. The medium heated my Cimarron just fine, but you have to cut or break up the wood very short, and stoke it constanty. The weight and size difference is nothing. Go with the large

I hadn't considered the issue of cutting up the wood into smaller pieces for the medium. Great point

Marble

WKR
I hadn't considered the issue of cutting up the wood into smaller pieces for the medium. Great point
This is a goodpoint. I remember being limited with the girth of the wood we were cutting. It's not that the opening was too small, but after you get wood in there, the available space is less. A larger overall stove would let larger pieces go in.

We found dried out aspen and burned them. Small ones less than 4". We bring in a light weight saw that folds down. 20 minutes of cutting can do you for a night.