Meeker Colorado sights

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
Our group got lucky and all drew bull tags for 4th rifle, assuming a few of us get an elk or two early is there anything to see or do in or around Meeker? we are generally not too much into the bar scene, but as our group has grown we like doing and seeing things that we can't experience at home. We are hunting 4th rifle so it will be just before thanksgiving if they have a festival or special food that gets served at that time of the year that would be great.
Thanks

bsnedeker

WKR
They have a really nice grocery store and gas station! Sorry, I didn't get an elk so that was all I spent any time at!

bsnedeker

WKR
You forgot the Meeker Hotel and Pizza Hut.

Oh yeah! And now that I think about we did eat at a pretty decent mexican place in town. Of course, we were 7 days into a 14 day hunt so I probably would have considered a burrito I scraped off the road to be decent!

bozeman

WKR
Drive to Glenwood Springs (approx. 2 hours east) some good restaurants and since I like sauna's, the vapor caves are my 'go to' spot while my wife gets a massage. The drive down I-70 is beautiful.

JBHunt_3

Lil-Rokslider
Meeker Hotel is a must, awesome deer and elk mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
The wildlife is really the main thing there. Super cool town.

I used to have pretty good success at the golf course bar and the one in town FWIW

RO1459

FNG
The community center offers five dollar showers to hunters. There is a really good discount store on the west side of town where you can get Carhart clothes at major discounts. (Next to the U-Haul dealer)

wildcat33

WKR
Meeker is a lovely town for a hunt base camp. But for sights or things to do I’d head to Glenwood for a good meal and some hot springs.

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
There’s is a indian massacre site just out of town, I think its a Ute massacre site. Granted there’s sites all over the west but how the terrain falls you can visualize where this happens. I believe it’s on Hwy 8 to Buford. Pack a fly rod or spinning gear and fish the White River and Big Beaver Reservoir. If you want to see Dinosaur remains, I think there’s a museum of sorts in Vernal. Dinosaur National Monument for me was just a two track through the countryside.

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Stopped by the White River Bakery after a fishing trip and it was pretty good. Awesome pastries and doughnuts. Glenwood Springs is probably your best bet for attractions. People are really about the Hanging Lake hike outside of Glenwood Springs but its reservation only.

Edit: Guess the Grizzley Creek Fire shut down the Hanging Lake Trail, dont know when they are going to open it again