Meeker Colorado Wolf Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

11boo

WKR
Coexist eh Lenny? Wonder if his views have now changed.

“We’re trying to learn how to coexist with wolves like we’re going to need to, but I was preparing to share a calf or two here and there to feed their pack, be compensated, and do what I can to prevent conflict,” he said. “When they come through and slaughter 18 calves and leave them lie, they’re not holding up their end of the deal with coexistence.”

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
“We’re trying to learn how to coexist with wolves like we’re going to need to, but I was preparing to share a calf or two here and there to feed their pack, be compensated, and do what I can to prevent conflict,” he said. “When they come through and slaughter 18 calves and leave them lie, they’re not holding up their end of the deal with coexistence.”
"Coexist"????? That sounds like a lame bumper sticker. There's a reason why wolves were decimated into nonexistence in places. Choose one........wolves or people........but not both. Coexisting is like keeping some rotten apples in the bushel basket just for some emotional posterity's sake. That's like keeping all the criminals and mental cases in society like we currently do, because of some emotional idiocy. SMH

sndmn11

WKR
I have friends who ranch south of Buford. Starting in 2012 he started telling me about a pack of wolves they had run across. A few years later one of the outfitters in the area who was a client started talking about the same thing. Neither my friend and that outfitter know each other. Both had been told separately by the same CPW person that it was known and they needed to refer to them as any other type of canine and do what they do with canines.

A separate client in 2019 who hunted the area and followed up with me on where I'd told him to hunt also said he saw a wolf.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if reports of wolves started popping up around the state since they are no longer forbidden to be talked about.

Wolf introduction is 95% driven by antihunters. Bang-bury-shut up.

EDIT: For new anti-hunters who have infiltrated Rokslide.com, I'm voicing frustration and not actually condoning breaking any hunting or wildlife laws. If you plan to pretend I am serious, PM me now so I can add you to my ignore list.

Last edited:

Movi

FNG
Say Good-Bye to Colorado’s Moose population! Colorado lost sight of its Division of Wildlife when they changed its name to “PARKS”. What was once a great “hunters” state , CO has become WOKE’s Ville…. So Sad!
Yeah the problem is wolf reintroduction was not up the CO parks at all though you do know that right?

I’m all about beating up on a state agency’s management but they have nothing to do with the reintroduction but will have to suffer the consequences…/

First off it’s not introduction. It’s reintroduction. Big difference. Mountain goats in CO are an example of introduction.

Bang bury shut up? Ok poacher.

Big difference between non hunters and anti hunters….

You're new here. Learn about our culture before saying stupid things about me or other members.

1. Semantics aside, who is driving bringing wolves back?

2. I can explain humor as an expression tool to you, but I can't understand it for you.

3. Again who is driving wolf repopulation? I know who is driving elk repopulation, hunters.

Last edited:

ETtikka

WKR
Wolves reintroduction is a touchy subject, but if they are allowed to be the top of the food chain with no exceptions, gonna get messy, the current food chain is different than when the wolves were in CO long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.