Meeker wolves

hwy1strat

WKR
Wolves are definitely there. They’ve come down from Wyoming years ago. I’ve been hearing about sightings out there for years now

Wonder if a wolverine could do it. One took out 18 sheep in a morning in Utah.

Not saying it's not wolves. Just wondering about the possibilities

Who else (if this story is real) thinks they are doing everything they can here to hide the truth about wolves. I don’t believe them for a second when they say wolves aren’t in the area.

That's a silly story. Of course it's wolves. They talk about disease as if that changes the fact that some of the animals showed wounds consistent with wolf attacks.

It's either laziness, ineptitude, or a cover up. Maybe all 3.

Odd they say there is no tracks. Bite marks, but no tracks? You’d think there had to be some type of tracks in the vicinity. Dogs, cougars, coyotes, wolves, wolverine, Bigfoot, something.

Maybe try trail cameras. I hear they are great at capturing what’s out there lurking except maybe bigfoots. They seem to be invisible to IR motion detection.

grfox92

WKR
Wolves are in the Sierra Madres on the Wyoming side....who would be so ignorant to think they don't cross the border?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
One of the folks I hunt with is convinced he saw multiple wolves jogging some elk calves in a part of Colorado not close to there.

I think it's been almost 15 years since one was whacked by a car near Idaho Springs and 8-9 years since one was notoriously shot in Grand County.

I have friends with ranches in between Rifle and New Castle who have said they have been around for a while as well. CPW personnel told them if they were wolves they couldn't do anything, but if they were big coyotes they could treat them like coyotes.

Maybe CPW is being gracious enough so that this rancher can deal with the mystery?

jayhawk

WKR
Do you think someone will shoot a husky but it'll actually be a wolf? That would be interesting to see . . .