Meet BaseMap's NEW High-Speed Offline Maps

BaseMap

We are extremely excited to announce our All-NEW High-Speed Offline Maps.

A few key features include:

- 5x faster download speeds
- Download multiple maps at once
- Auto store maps in the cloud, aka, maps vault
- Brand new user interface
- Multitask (plan routes, scan units, etc.. all while downloading)

Learn more about our new offline maps by reading here: http://bit.ly/38CnHbY

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 37
OP
B

BaseMap

Sounds good. I am sure you are aware but people are jumping on other platforms to get this layer. I wish I didn't have to go on GAIA to look up that layer.
We appreciate your comment, but it is not something on our roadmap in the near future. This request will be brought to our product team, but we have many other new features and benefits in the works.

JNDEER

WKR
Fantastic- always sucked forgetting to download a section of map for a hunt a d trying to get it downloaded not on WiFi driving to a spot.

Some of my downloads when used offline have a different image then the image I see when online. Is that something you guys have looked at fixing or can tell me what layer it defaults to for offline use?

archp625

WKR
We appreciate your comment, but it is not something on our roadmap in the near future. This request will be brought to our product team, but we have many other new features and benefits in the works.
I appreciate you guys giving other companies a run for their money. I ran the other for a few years and last year ran both side by side. I currently run Basemap and plan to stay that way.

22lr

WKR
The new offline maps are awesome! Can't wait to get out in the field again!.

OP
B

BaseMap

Fantastic- always sucked forgetting to download a section of map for a hunt a d trying to get it downloaded not on WiFi driving to a spot.

Some of my downloads when used offline have a different image then the image I see when online. Is that something you guys have looked at fixing or can tell me what layer it defaults to for offline use?
Great question. So we do use different maps for the offline vs when you have service. There are many reasons for that including file size and agreements with our vendors. You will always have a higher resolution map when you have service.

JNDEER

WKR
Great question. So we do use different maps for the offline vs when you have service. There are many reasons for that including file size and agreements with our vendors. You will always have a higher resolution map when you have service.
Can you tell me which image layer of those available is what you use for the offline version?

I ask because I studied an online version and had specific landmarks pegged for a trip- however when I tried to navigate in the night the image i saw was not remotely close to what I had been studying. Yes- I could have saved landmark spots on my map- but it would be nice knowing what image is used so I can cross compare when doing my map studying of areas.

OP
B

BaseMap

Can you tell me which image layer of those available is what you use for the offline version?

I ask because I studied an online version and had specific landmarks pegged for a trip- however when I tried to navigate in the night the image i saw was not remotely close to what I had been studying. Yes- I could have saved landmark spots on my map- but it would be nice knowing what image is used so I can cross compare when doing my map studying of areas.
Our high resolution imagery when you have cell service or WiFi is Google. When you download offline maps, it switches to Mapbox. We are not able to provide the Google imagery for offline map use. One because they dont allow it, and two because the files would be massive.

JNDEER

WKR
Our high resolution imagery when you have cell service or WiFi is Google. When you download offline maps, it switches to Mapbox. We are not able to provide the Google imagery for offline map use. One because they dont allow it, and two because the files would be massive.
Is there a way to add Mapbox as an image layer to use while online?

We are extremely excited to announce our All-NEW High-Speed Offline Maps.

A few key features include:

- 5x faster download speeds
- Download multiple maps at once
- Auto store maps in the cloud, aka, maps vault
- Brand new user interface
- Multitask (plan routes, scan units, etc.. all while downloading)

Learn more about our new offline maps by reading here: http://bit.ly/38CnHbY
killer! ill check it out