Meeting Blaze Orange Requirements

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
There are lots of orange high visibility options that are made of "technical fabric" that are geared towards construction workers. Usually cheaper than clothing marketed towards hunters too. I don't wear orange when I archery hunt, but I am out in the woods during rifle season and have an excellent, quiet, synthetic fabric stuff in blaze orange that only set me back a few bucks. Keeps me visible and stays warm when wet.

I got acrylic caps at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple days ago on sale for $5. I have several thin, light polyester vests on Amazon that were cheap. Put a vest on the pack, another on yourself as required.

Rich M

WKR
I've got an orange fleece that I wear when it is cool enough. Mesh vest when warm.

Beanie cap when cool enough. Baseball cap when warm.

Solid upland jacket for when walking a lot - water & stuff goes in back bird carrier.

Bright & shiny solid vest for out of state trips so GW can't be picky...

Always have worn orange - at the minimum a hat, even when out walking in the woods w/o gun.

Its a good law - few years back a buddy came to hunt with me and we were on opposite ends of a path. We were to stay in stands until 10 and then I'd head out towards him and we'd walk out together. I'm easing out and nice buck steps out about 200 yds in front of me - get him in the scope and next thing I see is an orange blob bouncing around inside the scope another 300-400 yards down the path. Had to pass on deer cause buddy was out of his stand doing whatever. If not, would have sent some lead that way for sure.

Orange, pink, FL yellow - whatever color you choose makes it safer in the long run.

I religiously wear high performance/Technical fabric for hunting clothes on all my hunts (i.e., Kuiu, Sitka, ArcTeryx, etc) however for the orange vest part I go to the cheapest, lightest material possible. A simple cheap orange mesh vest like below. $5.00 or less at your local Wally World or academy. Doesn’t retain water, doesn’t add warmth, is dirt cheap and I don’t care if I lose it.

Brendan

WKR
Orvis makes a great lightweight blaze shirt (Dri-Release) , and a nice softshell blaze vest. Minus 33 makes a great merino beanie too.

gdc23

FNG
I have hear of some getting a hard time for wearing blaze orange camo even though the sq " requirement may have been met

OrangeAglow camo vest and panel for the pack. Company is in Superior, Montana...

FLAK

WKR
Here in AL.,camo orange doesnt meet requirements on State Lands and we have to wear 144 squ. inches when hunting anything except Turkey and Waterfowl.
Ever try to call in predators wearing orange?