Mega Tarp Annex

Good Day Folks! Thought I would take advantage of the 70 degree weather today here in Colorado and seam seal my new Mega Tarp and Annex. I just noticed on the Annex that there is no grommet in the Haplon for the treking pole tip. Is this a new design (thought not needed) or did I get a defect? Without sitting it up I think there could be a possibability for the Annex to work itself off the tracking pole or (pole) and falling down on to the stove pipe (not a good situation). Anyone know if that is a defect (just forgetting to add the Grommet) or is this now normal.

Regards

Tom

Rizzy

WKR
I always set my Supertarp and Annex up using large branches and never use the grommet. The compression holds the pole tip or branch in the haplon cup, I've not had a problem yet.

Note the diameter of the branch that is the front, the grommet is not being used. I would actually prefer no grommet and a bigger haplon cup myself.

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 79

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Nice I seam sealed my Megatarp in the dark the night before I was leaving on a sheep hunt via headlamp. The megatarps do not come with a grommet but the cup is more than enough to work. Enjoy the shelter man, that thing is awesome.

OP
B
Thanks luke. I think it's going to be far and away an improvement over the silnylon tarp of yesteryears. Well better get her pitched.

Have a great Sunday!