Mega Tarp measurement

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at either a super or mega tarp and I'm wondering what the length is between the poles? I tried the search function but couldn't find an answer. Thanks, Gabe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
If solo I'd run a super tarp, its big.

If going with a buddy I'd run a mega trap, its HUGE

Both have plenty of room to sleep between the poles if thats what your wondering.

OP
H

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
Joe, that's one of the things I'm struggling with. I would probably use it mostly solo but also use it occasionally with a partner. That's why I'm leaning toward the mega. Especially if you throw in a stove. If I'm looking at the specs correctly both the super and mega tarps both are around 11 feet long. I'm just wondering how much of that is between the poles for sleeping.

dotman

WKR
Joe, that's one of the things I'm struggling with. I would probably use it mostly solo but also use it occasionally with a partner. That's why I'm leaning toward the mega. Especially if you throw in a stove. If I'm looking at the specs correctly both the super and mega tarps both are around 11 feet long. I'm just wondering how much of that is between the poles for sleeping.

I like my supertarp but if I was getting 1 today it would be the mega, few more oz not much more $$ and way more head room. The super is big and I mainly solo but the mega would be nice.

[video=vimeo;44492401]http://vimeo.com/44492401[/video]

Here is a video from the rokslide vemeo web site showing the megatarp and how much room is in it.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
todd - good call man, i was just going to post that link for him.

halleywood - I think if you might be using it with a buddy sometimes, I'd run the megatarp. Was just at Kifaru when they had them all set up out back and I was looking at that mega again and it is awesome! I'm not running it but its really sweet. You definitely wont have any regrets s

6t4nova

WKR
I hunt solo and am running with the mega. Like what has already been said, its nice to have the extra room and also two entrances.

OP
H

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the responses guys. Todd, I've watched that video many times and I know there's plenty of room. Since I can't make it to Kifaru to check one out I'm just trying to get as much info as I can.

OP
H

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
This is probably a dumb question but if I don't use trekking poles do I need 52 inch tent poles for the mega tarp? Will that get the tarp right to the ground on the edges?

aron

WKR
For the minimal weight difference I would get a mega over the super, especially if you plan to run a stove once in a while.