Megatarp

Bighub1

Lil-Rokslider
Just wondering what the material the megatarp is contracted from. I guess I didnt see on the website.

I second backpack hunter. I have a supertarp, and Kifaru 8 man tipi. The material is very durable and waterproof!

Jdog

WKR
I don't own any of Kifaru's shelters but have spent alot of time under them with Aron.

They are awesome and quality constructed. About the only thing that can damage them is fire! :)

OP
B

Bighub1

Lil-Rokslider
do the tarps have seams? I'm worried about the seal and how long that will hold up. Seems that these areas are the firs place taprs, tents, and shelters fail.

dotman

WKR
Anyone know the tear strength of the fabric?

There are some good videos of the material holding up to 70mph winds that have been posted by owners and not Kifaru (they also have some to watch as well). I also have a supertarp and had a ku pack, the material is very durable, it isn't your cheap silnylon that most tents are made out of.

dotman

WKR
do the tarps have seams? I'm worried about the seal and how long that will hold up. Seems that these areas are the firs place taprs, tents, and shelters fail.

Yup there are seams just as every shelter has that isn't a flat tarp, the seams are very strong and backed by a great warranty. Also the seams are very easy to seam seal.

Trig

FNG
I'm all in on the strength/weight ratio of the Megatarp. I'll be adding the annex with a stove to my order. The only thing I wonder about is adding a sod flap like on a wall tent. Couldn't be too much added weight and might be nice? Let's hear from some Megatarp owners if it's even been a thought or issue?