Meindl boots

So I’m looking at getting either the meindl vakuums or the comfort fit extremes. Not sure which ones to go with. I really like meindls, worn them for years, (hiking boots and work boots). But are there pros or cons going with the comfort fit extremes at 11” vs the vakuums at 9.5 inches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Comfort fit Hikers. Have had them for a year. They have quite a free miles on them, including about 70-80 in Colorado archery elk hunting.

I bought the Comfort Fit Hunters and absolutely love them! The Extremes aren’t insulated so I opted for the Comfort Fit because of cold feet when temps dip into the 20’s and 30’s. My feet used to handle those temps with non insulated boots. Guess I’m getting old. I’ve worn these boots on several elk hunts on various different terrains. Literally no break in time required for me. The one thing I did notice however is that mine ran a little big so I have to wear thicker socks or add a sock liner to prevent the slippage that could cause a hot spot. Overall I rate them a 10 though!

I went thru 7 pairs of the Cabelas versions in 3 years.. finally just got done with returning boots and went with new Whites boot

Wow that’s crazy! I still have a pair of Cabelas and they still have some life. This after 12 years!

RS3579

WKR
I went thru 7 pairs of the Cabelas versions in 3 years.. finally just got done with returning boots and went with new Whites boot
I have a pair of Cabelas version. They had 2 types available. China and I think Germany. The China ones were terrible. Not sure of the ones you had. Mine (European made) are a great boot. I’ll buy another Meindl product.

NoWiser

WKR
I'm on my second pair of Meindl Denalis, which are the same as the Vakuums. They are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn in my life and I've had no problem getting 4-5 years out of them. I'll buy another pair when these wear out. That said, you won't know if they are good for you until you try them.

I have a pair of Cabelas version. They had 2 types available. China and I think Germany. The China ones were terrible. Not sure of the ones you had. Mine (European made) are a great boot. I’ll buy another Meindl product.

Huh? China? I was under the impression all their boots were made in Germany......

wildcat33

WKR
Huh? China? I was under the impression all their boots were made in Germany......

Cabelas did their best to run the brand into the ground by offering a lower priced line of Meindls made in china and down market eastern european places. Those boots were trash.

Aviator

WKR
The new comfort fit hunters from Meindl USA are incredible boots! Especially if you have wide feet.

i have the Perfekt hikers Cabelas from 4 years ago made in Germany and there great!. i did buy the light hikers made in Vietnam on clearance. not as good ankle support. they get a bad rap but theyve been good early season warm weather boot. the trick with that model is to order at least a size down and get the un insulated version.

I bought a pair of comfort fit hunters a few months ago, they are great boots.

They fit very similar to the german made perfekt hunter boots that cabelas sold.

JLeMieux

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Perfekt hikers and after about 3 years of light to medium use, the sole is starting to separate from the boot. The boots are still in great shape. I also have an older pair of Meindl Ibex in great shape but the sole was separating on them as well. I have considered looking into getting both pairs resoled, but wouldn't know where to send them.

I feel like us going through boots my be a little unfair, considering where we like to hunt. It's a little tough on gear. I'm trying a pair of Meindl's this year. Comfort Fit Extreme, I'll know how there are going to hold up after packing out all of my buddies and his daughters bears lol. God knows, I won't kill one!

rambo2345

WKR
I feel the Meindls are a little heavy and clunky compared to high quality boots.

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the comfort fit extremes and really like them. I broke an ankle two years ago and need a high boot for support. I have a 10 year old pair of Perfekt Hikers, Cabelas Meindl. They need to be resoled, but have been worn a lot.

This is because the price point required by Cabelas/Bass Pro forced the mfr to cut corners. A real Meindl boot from Europe is a completely different animal. I bought the Dovres via a Canadian dealer and they are years old but are showing no sign of wear. Yeah, ya gotta take of em but hey, if you don't wanna, just drop em off with a cobbler for care, it's cheap. If you are gonna be in very steep, rugged country...a real pair of Meindls is what you want...better shank, stitching, leather, rand, everything is built to Alps spec...not Bass Pro pricing.

Attachments

• DOVRE.jpg
    DOVRE.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 30