Meindl Comfort Fit Hiker

I have been wearing the Cabela’s brand Meindl Perfekt Hikers since 2005. I have just replaced the insoles in my third pair with the Meindl original insoles. I wear a 9.5 in the Perfekts and replaced them with a size 9 insole as recommended by customer service at Meindl USA. They fit perfect and revived a tired pair of boots that I will wear for the dirtiest jobs. I have never had a pair to leak.NEVER. I ordered a new pair of the Comfort Fit Hikers and wore them all day today. They were great. Same fit as the Perfekts and need no break in. These boots just fit my feet. They look a little different but I really can’t tell any difference in the fit. I emailed Meindl USA with questions before I ordered the boots or the insoles and had a reply last Saturday in 20 minutes. FYI the Comfort Fit boots run the same size as the Perfekts. I am so happy I was able to replace my Perfekts after Cabelas quit carrying the Meindl brand. Thanks MeindlUSA!

I went through a long boot buying odyssey that I’ve detailed on the forum before (several dozen boots tried). The Comfort Fit Hikers is where I landed and I am still happy with them.

Agross

WKR
I have the cabelas meindl perfekt hikers and love em . Like you said they just fit great. Hope they last me forever but if not maybe I'll have to check out these.

LostArra

WKR
I have been wearing the Cabela’s brand Meindl Perfekt Hikers since 2005. I have just replaced the insoles in my third pair with the Meindl original insoles. I wear a 9.5 in the Perfekts and replaced them with a size 9 insole as recommended by customer service at Meindl USA. They fit perfect and revived a tired pair of boots that I will wear for the dirtiest jobs. I have never had a pair to leak.NEVER. I ordered a new pair of the Comfort Fit Hikers and wore them all day today. They were great. Same fit as the Perfekts and need no break in. These boots just fit my feet. They look a little different but I really can’t tell any difference in the fit. I emailed Meindl USA with questions before I ordered the boots or the insoles and had a reply last Saturday in 20 minutes. FYI the Comfort Fit boots run the same size as the Perfekts. I am so happy I was able to replace my Perfekts after Cabelas quit carrying the Meindl brand. Thanks MeindlUSA!

Did you order the Comfort Fit Hikers from Mendl?

Dunky

WKR
Curious on this also. I have been looking at these boots but have only seen them for sale through meindl. Also interested in the width. How much room in the toe box compared to others?

I ordered mine from Meindl USA. That was the only to purchase at the time.

Toe box is perfect for me. Not too big, not too small. I’d say it is larger than average.

OP
Mr Drysdale
Curious on this also. I have been looking at these boots but have only seen them for sale through meindl. Also interested in the width. How much room in the toe box compared to others?
I agree with GunsAreFun in the above reply. The toe box is generous but not too big. I think that is the reason they are comfortable to me. I wore them again yesterday all day. I couldn’t tell they were new. Didn’t even think about having on new boots. These are not for everyone as I have said “if they fit you, you will be happy“. I have a good friend and hunting partner that did not like them at all. He wears the Lowa Renegades and loves them. I don’t.

I would add that despite having a comfortable toe box, they do not let your foot slide forward when going downhill at all, which is obviously super important. That was one of the biggest issues I had in finding a boot. So many just crunched my toe when simulating a downhill walk.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the Meindl Vakuum hunters and they feel and fit exceptionally well. German boot craftsmanship at its finest.

Last edited:

Seeknelk

WKR
I just got a pair of comfort fits since my Cabela's perfekt hikers are shot after a year and a half. Feels the same which had me worried. They have a few slight changes. Rubber toe rand and slightly different tread come to mind. Yes a roomy toe box. I tried leather lined lowas , even in a larger size my pinky toe took a beating. Wanted to love em but couldn't. Sucks churning thru high dollar boots to find they don't work. Anyway .. meindlusa is good to go.

macabra11

FNG
Do you fellas order a 1/2 size small on your Meindl's as they suggest? I have a 29.9cm length from heel to tip of big toe, and that puts me at a 12.5 (which Meindl doesn't have in the Vakuum Hunter). Meindl USA Customer Service recommended I order a 12EE in that boot and it seems like it would be too small.

Just looking for some real world experience with their sizing. Thanks!

OP
Mr Drysdale
I wear 9.5 dress/office work shoes. I wear 10 boots and athletic/tennis shoes. The 9.5 Meindls fit just right. I recently had my feet mapped at a local outdoor shoe store and they mapped at size 10. So I guess 1/2 size less in the Meindl is right.

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Meindl Perfekt Hikers from Cabelas and love them. I've hunted in them, but want a pair of the hunting boots that are higher and have a different sole.

Mark S

FNG
Meindls are amazing boots. Today, there are so many great choices - maybe too many. I have the Perfekts and they are a great boot.

I started with the Cabelas Denali but I wore those out, I had a really hard time finding boots. I wanted Crispi to work but they just wouldn’t.

Then I found out that Meindl started distributing in the US. Ordered a pair of Vakuum and have not been more pleased with the boots. Just like putting on an old pair of sneakers.

I normally wear 11-11.5 EE. I wear 11EE in Meindl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KU_Geo

WKR
Anybody ever wear perfect hikers for a sheep hunt? These but for my feet very well but I am concerned about them potentially being not stiff enough for a 10 day backpack sheep hunt in NWT I am planning.

Anybody ever wear perfect hikers for a sheep hunt? These but for my feet very well but I am concerned about them potentially being not stiff enough for a 10 day backpack sheep hunt in NWT I am planning.
I’ve used them on sheep hunts, just not in NWT. They have served me well for Muflon hunts on Lanai. They are stiff enough to handle the lava fields and the waterproofing is great. My buddy ran Kenetrek Safari’s on our last hunt next to my Perfekt hikers. He ended up with blisters on both feet after the first day.....I was fine the whole hunt. Having said that the Perfekt hikers aren’t insulated and would think you would want 400’s for sheep hunting outside of the desert or Hawaii.

Dunky

WKR
Just picked up a pair of the hikers. Have had trouble finding boots wide enough for my right foot that didn’t pinch my little toe. These feel perfect. Plenty of toe room. Have only worn in house so far. They did run 1/2 size large for me

Just picked up a pair of the hikers. Have had trouble finding boots wide enough for my right foot that didn’t pinch my little toe. These feel perfect. Plenty of toe room. Have only worn in house so far. They did run 1/2 size large for me

Yep. I have that same pinky toe issue but wide boots are too wide. These were among the few boots that fit me.