Meindl Denali fans: you're in luck!

I have had a pair of the Cabelas/Meindl Denali boots for 5 years. I wore the soles off them and was bummed when I found out I couldn't get a new pair. I went through 3 other boot models this summer but was never happy. Then I found out that Meindl has started their own US distribution.

So, I got the Vakuum Hunters (same as Denali). They actually improved the denali by getting rid of the EVA in the midsole and went all PU. I took them out of the box and went hunting for three days. It felt like I was putting on old slippers. I put about 25 miles on fairly rough ground with minimal issues (started getting a little hotspot on the ball of my foot due to sweaty socks). I wore them from 5am to 9pm everyday and wasn't itching to get them off and night. On the other hand, I couldn't wait to take off the crispis I had tried.

For those who don't know this boot, its a 9" uninsulated all leather boot. Think Nevada but a little taller. They are also fairly stiff and I would say stiffer than the Colorado. The toe box is wide and the memory foam system really locks your foot in.

I have had a pair of the Cabelas/Meindl Denali boots for 5 years. I wore the soles off them and was bummed when I found out I couldn't get a new pair. I went through 3 other boot models this summer but was never happy. Then I found out that Meindl has started their own US distribution.

So, I got the Vakuum Hunters (same as Denali). They actually improved the denali by getting rid of the EVA in the midsole and went all PU. I took them out of the box and went hunting for three days. It felt like I was putting on old slippers. I put about 25 miles on fairly rough ground with minimal issues (started getting a little hotspot on the ball of my foot due to sweaty socks). I wore them from 5am to 9pm everyday and wasn't itching to get them off and night. On the other hand, I couldn't wait to take off the crispis I had tried.

For those who don't know this boot, its a 9" uninsulated all leather boot. Think Nevada but a little taller. They are also fairly stiff and I would say stiffer than the Colorado. The toe box is wide and the memory foam system really locks your foot in.
worked with ALOT of hatchery guys who absolutely love this boot (on concrete and steel grating 6 or 7 days a week)

I am thinking about getting the vakuum hunters. I have tried every make of boot nearly. From Salewa, La Sportiva, Danner, Schnee's, Kenetrek, Lowa, Crispi, Under Armour, Asolo: all had fit issues, too narrow, hard heel cup, not stiff enough, too stiff, blisters, or would not stay waterproof even here in central Montana. I have the vakuum's in the checkout bin right now looking to pull the trigger to try another boot...

Amen! Thanks for the input. Glad to hear about this! I badly need to replace Denalis!!

I am thinking about getting the vakuum hunters. I have tried every make of boot nearly. From Salewa, La Sportiva, Danner, Schnee's, Kenetrek, Lowa, Crispi, Under Armour, Asolo: all had fit issues, too narrow, hard heel cup, not stiff enough, too stiff, blisters, or would not stay waterproof even here in central Montana. I have the vakuum's in the checkout bin right now looking to pull the trigger to try another boot...

I have tried on probably 30 boots (not exaggerating). The Vakuum Hunters are the only leather or heavy duty synthetic boot that fits me well. The Comfort Fits were a close second.

I have tried on probably 30 boots (not exaggerating). The Vakuum Hunters are the only leather or heavy duty synthetic boot that fits me well. The Comfort Fits were a close second.
I hear ya, brother. Trying to find the right boot for me feels something akin to Homer's Odyssey. It is this never-ending journey filled with lessons, pain, loss, and confusion! Maybe this boot will do the trick. I remain hopeful. From reading reviews, combined with my own experience with all of these boots, the Meindl's seem to have a cult following that have very, very few bad reviews. Hard to find that kind of recommendation for other boot makers.

I bought my denalis from Cabelas back in 2006 and have put ALOT of miles on them. They are still in pretty good shape but I’d like to get another pair to put into the rotation for use.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
looking at the comfort fit extremes...how stiff are these?? compared to say lowas tibets or hanwag alaskas....

I have a pair of the Comfort Fit Hunters on the way. I'll report once I get to try them out. I have toe box issues with most boots crushing my pinky toes. I emailed with Phil at Meindl (great guy) and he is optimistic that this will work for me. I'm hopeful that these might work, skeptical but hopeful.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the Comfort Fit Hunters on the way. I'll report once I get to try them out. I have toe box issues with most boots crushing my pinky toes. I emailed with Phil at Meindl (great guy) and he is optimistic that this will work for me. I'm hopeful that these might work, skeptical but hopeful.

thx man!

Thank you for sharing this. Getting ready to try a pair of the Vakuum hunters. I’m a little concerned about the midsole being changed...but the Denali has been my favorite boot for chukar.

tomatz

Lil-Rokslider
I have bought two pairs of mendls in the last year. The kibo and the comfort fit extreme. I have a pair of the denalis from a long time ago but they are on the way out and looking at buying the vacuum hunter, great feedback from all of you might have to get them coming.

OP
S
Thank you for sharing this. Getting ready to try a pair of the Vakuum hunters. I’m a little concerned about the midsole being changed...but the Denali has been my favorite boot for chukar.

Don’t be concerned about the midsole. You won’t even be able to tell a difference. It was just a change of materials. The PU is more durable and doesn’t compress over time. But it’s more expensive which is probably why cabelas wanted EVA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk