Meindl vs the cabelas meindl

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Have had the Denali and the glue holding the soles together recently failed. Very comfortable boot though. Since the warranty was no longer honored by Cabelas, I bought a pair of Vacuum Hunters for a recent three week trip. Nothing but good things to say about them.

The European Meindls are far superior to the Cabelas versions which were created to meet a specific price point. If you want heavier, bulletproof boots for serious (rocky) environments, look at the Dovre GTX, these are my favorite HD boots. Come in tall and short models. Got mine from AJ Brooks in Canada.

FYI. At least the Vakuum and Comfort Fit Hikers are made in Germany.

I'm told the differences between the USA and European Meindl boots come down to materials and construction. The USA models are "special runs" using thinner Nubuck leather instead of full waxed Aniline leather (which is richer, darker, and stiffer than the Cabelas leather which have double stitching instead of triple stitching (attaching the sole to the boot), and a nylon instead of steel shank. The European models also are constructed with less stitching on the upper (a weak point), more padding, a superior lining and better insoles (Air-Active soft print drysole, quite similar to Super Feet). The waxed leather never fails no matter how wet the conditions which is the primary cause of boot failures. This is why they cost & weigh so much more…a plus or a minus depending on your budget and trekking plans.

Vakuum
meindlVakuum_Hunter_-_main_800x.png
Dovre
meindldovergtx_.jpg

Last edited:
The Meindl Vakuum Hunter are pretty much the same boot as the Cabelas Denali. The only thing that changed was they went to a full PU midsole, which is an improvement. I've worn mine for the last 1.5 months and couldn't be happier.
I noticed that, the orange strip above the sole is gone. So you owned the Denali and now the Vakuum? I’ve had a few people tell me that have owned both...didn’t feel like they are the same boot. That’s my concern. I like my Lowa Tibet GTX boots, but I always go back to the Denali by the end of the season, even though my sole is just about flat. I’ll have my old Denali’s resoled, but want a pair of the Vakuum as an extra.

BorisZ

FNG
Meindl de - Vakuum Men GTX (european model)

Attachments

• 2844-46-600x600 vakuum.jpg
    2844-46-600x600 vakuum.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 22
Cabelas are discontinued so I don’t think they have warranty on them any more. They now have an American web site search on here all kinds of info

I bought the Cabelas Denali the beginning of 2019 right after they discontinued the boot.

On my elk hunt that fall I had chunking of my sole. I stopped on the drive home from Colorado to NJ at the Sydney Nebraska Cabelas and they called around looking for my size since they didn’t at that store. It turned out the one closest to my home in PA had my size. The exchanged them and gave me a credit on my original purchase because it was now on a close out pricing. I took the $55 credit at put it to a Rhinehart 18-1 target.

The second pair have a different sole than the first and while very comfortable my first pair was more comfortable. I contact Meindl and they said the Vakum is the same boot as the Denali but with a PU midsole which should be more durable than the Denali’s EVA midsole. The Vakum also has as they said a better sole and told me this boot should be more comfortable while costing the same as the Denali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk