Meindl vs the cabelas meindl

Lowg08

WKR
What if any difference besides the price tag are there in these boots? I wear meindls for work and hunting I’m in the market for a new pair. I saw the cabelas version.

KurtR

WKR
Cabelas are discontinued so I don’t think they have warranty on them any more. They now have an American web site search on here all kinds of info

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Yea I noticed they were no longer available at cabelas. I’ve been tempted to try kenetrek or lowa

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought the miendl vakuum hunter non insulated boots and I am loving them so farm customer service was great too when I had to exchange sizes a couple times, they ran large

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
The Meindl Vakuum Hunters have been outstanding for me. I had a really long boot search in which I spent a fortune on kennetrek, Lowa, and Hanwags. I ended up just saying to hell with it and got the Meindl's on a whim. I remember trying on the Meindl's at Cabelas and the top of the toe box would pinch me, but so far the Vakuum Hunters have been nothing but amazing. I don't think there is much of a difference from what I've seen between the two models. They both retail for the same amount, so i can't imagine that there is a difference. I've heard people "claim" the Cabelas version had cheaper materials and blah blah blah, but who actually knows. Give them a call and see what they say.

The Meindl Vakuum Hunter are pretty much the same boot as the Cabelas Denali. The only thing that changed was they went to a full PU midsole, which is an improvement. I've worn mine for the last 1.5 months and couldn't be happier.

jog

FNG
I tried 3 pair (or was it 4?) Perfect hunters and they all leaked. I came to hate those boots. My first meindl were outstanding over an 8 year period so I kept hoping it was bad luck. I could stand in a stream with those boots and have dry feet. I don't know if the quality was less on these boots through Cabelas. I also ran the store brand and had the same issue- leaking. It may be that once you jump beyond the P-Hunters price point the quality improves.

Last edited:

wildcat33

WKR
Many of the cabelas versions were made in Slovakia (and probably some other low labor cost places) and those ones sucked. Made in Germany meindl are high quality classic mtn boots

I currently am wearing the Cabelas Perfekt hunters and will give the Vakuum hunters a try when I need a new pair. I love my boots. 30 years of hunting I never had a more comfortable boot. After four years they are holding up. In my size 13s they came with a vibram sole which was different than the smaller sizes iirc. I should say I not all that rough on boots.

Mossy

WKR
My Cabelas Perfekt hunters have been the best boot I’ve worn and haven’t leaked a drop in the 5 years I’ve had them. I’m glad to hear about the US store

But yes, Cabelas will only return/refund within 60 days of purchase now

Call.me.porter

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting side note, the Cabela's Legendary Guarantee was discontinued when Bass pro bought them in 2017, no longer exists on their website.

Blank:
https://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=Guarantee

I just learned this today. My wife and I both bought a pair of Perfekt Hunters before BP took over Cabelas. We were told that if we ever had any problems with the boots that we could return them hassle free. Well, my wife loves hers, and I can barely make it through a day without my feet absolutely killing me. I don't think it is any problem with the boots, my feet just dont agree with them. So I finally got the nerve to admit that they are a total loss for me and went in to ask what I could do about exchanging them for something different and was met with this disappointing news. So now I have a pair of boots I will likely never wear again and will likely wind up selling just to recover some of what I paid for them.

freebird

WKR
I currently am wearing the Cabelas Perfekt hunters and will give the Vakuum hunters a try when I need a new pair. I love my boots. 30 years of hunting I never had a more comfortable boot. After four years they are holding up. In my size 13s they came with a vibram sole which was different than the smaller sizes iirc. I should say I not all that rough on boots.
I got my Perfekt boots back in 2009 and love them, they are still going strong. I was sad when I heard cabelas no longer are going to carry them. Since Bass Pro took over they have sadly went down hill, wished we had other options here in Boise.

The European Meindls are far superior to the Cabelas versions which were created to meet a specific price point. If you want heavier, bulletproof boots for serious (rocky) environments, look at the Dovre GTX, these are my favorite HD boots. Come in tall and short models. Got mine from AJ Brooks in Canada.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
My mileage is dated and it may have changed however I had both a pair of island hunters and Cabelas Denali. Couldnt see any difference in quality or performance in either of them.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a pair of the Cabelas Denali going into my second season. I love the boots and will look into the meindls when I go to replace them. I bought them purely because they were on the shelf and I could try them on. They felt great so I figured it took the guess work out of trying to order another brand. I was told at that time that they were warranted for their life expectancy for defects in material. Seemed fair enough to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I noticed they were no longer available at cabelas. I’ve been tempted to try kenetrek or lowa

I just listened to a Kifaurcast podcast and a Alaska guide was asked what piece of equipment had the most failures and he said boots. When asked what brand the guide mentioned that Kentrek were the biggest offender of boots with issues. The most common issue he said was the soles falling off and when they got wet the leather would stretch so much that the laces pulled the eyelets together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A few years I bought a set of Meindl Desert boots when i was in Afghanistan at a German military base and they are very well built and very comfortable boots for hot weather. I would rank them on par with anything by Lowa and Hanwag quality-wise.

I tried the Cabelas Meindl Perfect Hiker and it was OK but i didn't think it was the same quality as a similar Lowa or Hanwag boot.