Melts a tough guy's heart!

Congrats to your daughter. There is very little in life that can compare to quality time spent with our kids. I just spent 6 days with my son chasing elk. Would not trade for anything.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What a great moment in life. Congratulations for building a memory that will last forever for both of you

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
Backstrap it's what's for dinner.

jygu9aba.jpg

KHNC

WKR
That's terrific man

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

crumy

WKR
That is terrific muleman. Cograts. Awesome trophy and memories being made right there.

And Shrek I know how you feel and so you dont' feel like you are alone in the woods... I took my son out all summer before he turned 12... Loved shooting prairie dogs..September after he turned 12 took him antelope hunting.. He connects with a nice goat and gets his picture in the younger generation at Eastmans. I think he is hooked... Second year hunting and I take him out and he connects on a 6x6 elk . The sheer joy he had (and me) I just knew I had a hunting buddy forever.... He turns 15 this year and I can't get him to look sideways at hunting....

Shrek

WKR
Thats a bummer crumy . My son was never interested at all but he's a great kid. He just started college majoring in computer engineering. I've watched him take a complex problem and solve it by writing an app for the computer he custom made. I don't think I have to worry about him finding work when he graduates and I can always hope that he will start wanting to escape his world to the outdoors with me. All we can really hope for is our children to be happy and successful. The hunting with us like muleman is enjoying is just a super cool bonus.

So my daughter who is 7 just went thru this thread with me. She says the hunt looks cool and she is glad the hunt was a success and she wants to go too. For me your sharing this experience with the community is cool - building family, the sportsman tradition and providing an instance to share in the joy of others. That's good stuff right there.

7mag.

WKR
Congrats to you and your daughter. Cool story. I love to see new hunters, especially kids, get excited about hunting.

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
Muzzleloader elk is now open. For a couple days weve been watching about 100 head weave in and out of the boundaries of a CWMU.

A few cows and a spike broke off from the main herd.
u6ypa6e5.jpg

A couple nice bulls and several rag horns and spikes in the herd. They're still a little rutty, my brother watched a 310-320 6 point and a 5 point go at it over some cows tonight. While he was watching big bulls we were up high cutting tracks in the snow.
eryredu6.jpg

We saw deer, elk, coyote, and a small set of cougar tracks. The only live game animal we saw toinght were turkeys down below the snow.

Tonights hunt ended with a great sunset.
ehu7azu4.jpg

Last edited: