Member Vote Thread for the 2020 Best Whitetail Photo Contest Sponsored by First Lite

Vote on 2020 Best Whitetail Deer Photo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Roksliders, sorry for the delay in getting this up--my bad!

Our staff has voted on the top 10 photos from the entry thread (here)

Our friends at First Lite are offering the Jacket and Bib from the Solitude line, valued at over $600!!!! (thanks First Lite)

Now it's time for members to vote!

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified. Only votes from accounts created before 2/17/21 will be counted (the fairest way to run these contests.)

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest. And @Ryan Avery will ban you.

To note: Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you want to vote

I'll only be using the official poll to award the winner- comment votes won't count (but of course we welcome your comments)

The poll is open until March 1st but vote early to make sure you're counted.

Here are the finalists in no particular order.

The member's name listed at top of each photo is shown in the poll above

Brendan
Brendan 29.jpg

vanish
vanish 32.JPG

Hoytman88
Hoytman 88.jpeg

Nick Muche
Nick Muche 54.jpg

WhatToHunt
WhatToHunt.jpg

MightyWhitey
MightyWhitey.jpeg

KyleSS
KyleSS.jpeg

Porthunter
Porthunter.jpg

MTShane

MTShane.jpg

Jeffweaver4
Jeffweaver4.jpeg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Durn, thought I had a good chance on this one and didn't even make the finalists, good pics guys!
Sorry man, it was tough narrowing to 10. Hopefully you weren't one of the many non-rule readers who disqualified for posting two pics of same buck hoping to up their chances. We didn't even consider those and there were some good ones.

ChrisAU

WKR
Sorry man, it was tough narrowing to 10. Hopefully you weren't one of the many non-rule readers who disqualified for posting two pics of same buck hoping to up their chances. We didn't even consider those and there were some good ones.

Nope that wasn’t me and that’s a shame. I’ve PM’ed a few members before with great photos to remind them to only use 1 and after a few snide remarks I gave up.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Nope that wasn’t me and that’s a shame. I’ve PM’ed a few members before with great photos to remind them to only use 1 and after a few snide remarks I gave up.
hahahah, thanks for trying. I gave up too. If people won't take 30 seconds to read the rules, can't help them!

CajunLab

FNG
Funny my son's pic with the Low country fog had the most likes and didn't even make a finalist...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Funny my son's pic with the Low country fog had the most likes and didn't even make a finalist...
Hi, thanks for entering. Not sure if I'm looking at the same pic as on my admin view, but it only shows two likes? But if it's that pic (buck in the dirt with stick propping up chin?) probably didn't get picked because background (sky) was overexposed and the chin was a little distorted with the prop. But still a great pic.

Remember we have to narrow down hundreds of entries to 10 and we do it independently of each other (meaning we don't chat about the pics, too hard with staff living hundreds of miles apart). We just do our best to narrow it down according to the rules posted. And I'm sure we miss some good ones as we're amateurs running an amateur contest. Thanks again for participating

@david_227 got just as many likes and wasn't a finalist either. Just how it works. I don't think anyone entered a picture they didn't feel like they had a chance with.

Lots of good pictures. I would have thrown a dart to determine who made it, way too difficult for me to choose.

CajunLab

FNG
Hi, thanks for entering. Not sure if I'm looking at the same pic as on my admin view, but it only shows two likes? But if it's that pic (buck in the dirt with stick propping up chin?) probably didn't get picked because background (sky) was overexposed and the chin was a little distorted with the prop. But still a great pic.

Remember we have to narrow down hundreds of entries to 10 and we do it independently of each other (meaning we don't chat about the pics, too hard with staff living hundreds of miles apart). We just do our best to narrow it down according to the rules posted. And I'm sure we miss some good ones as we're amateurs running an amateur contest. Thanks again for participating
No sir it's the first pic in the thread. Damn sure wasn't the biggest buck but was damn sure the biggest smile.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
No sir it's the first pic in the thread. Damn sure wasn't the biggest buck but was damn sure the biggest smile.
OK, I see it now! Great pic and smile. That should'a gone in our Youth Contest (maybe it did?)

And part of the reason we don't consider likes is the earlier a pic is posted in the contest, the more time it has to gather likes, so it's unfair to the later entries.

But tell the little man great work from Rokslide.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hey all, voting is closed. Looks like a clear winner, but per protocol, let's give @Jskaanland a few days to make sure no funky business before I announce official winner.

Thanks everyone for voting.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hey all, voting is closed. Looks like a clear winner, but per protocol, let's give @Jskaanland a few days to make sure no funky business before I announce official winner.

Thanks everyone for voting.

OK, we have a official winner.

Big win for KyleSS!

Well earned man! And a great image in the Mule Deer contest too!

Hit me with an email to [email protected] and I’ll hook you up directly with First Lite.

Thanks to everyone who entered, voted, and especially to these finalists who took some really good images. Here’s to 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleSS

Lil-Rokslider
OK, we have a official winner.

Big win for KyleSS!

Well earned man! And a great image in the Mule Deer contest too!

Hit me with an email to [email protected] and I’ll hook you up directly with First Lite.

Thanks to everyone who entered, voted, and especially to these finalists who took some really good images. Here’s to 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to you and all involved in putting this on. Also, thanks to First Lite for the generous prise. Some great animals and stunning pictures this year. I was just happy to make the top 10.