Memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
There’s some incredible country ish music being made these days. You just have to go get it. Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, Turnpike Troubadours, Whiskey Myers, Cody Jinks, Cody Johnson etc. those are just a few of dozens. There are a couple of talented guys who are “mainstream” like Stapleton but other than that “country” radio is a joke.

There’s some incredible country ish music being made these days. You just have to go get it. Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, Turnpike Troubadours, Whiskey Myers, Cody Jinks, Cody Johnson etc. those are just a few of dozens. There are a couple of talented guys who are “mainstream” like Stapleton but other than that “country” radio is a joke.
guess it depends.... those to me are just hipsters with a twangy twist. Solid country gold retired with george strait.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
guess it depends.... those to me are just hipsters with a twangy twist. Solid country gold retired with george strait.
Have you listened to colter walls songs of the plains album? Or Western swing and waltzes? His music is way more cowboy than king George ever was. Your stubbornness has nothing to do with the quality/authenticity of the music. CF7251AF-667F-4104-A489-3926AEFBDAAF.pngColter basically plays songs he wrote and old cowboy songs. For a 20- something year old Canadian kid how could you be more country?

sorry I offended you. And yes under the advice of friends not quite as long in the tooth I've test drove the aforementioned artists and I still maintain my opinion.

sorry I offended you. And yes under the advice of friends not quite as long in the tooth I've test drove the aforementioned artists and I still maintain my opinion.
"Tyler Childers was born and raised in Lawrence County, Kentucky.[1] His father worked in the coal industry and his mother is a nurse.[2] He learned to sing in church where he sang in the church choir.[3] He started to play guitar and write songs when he was around 13."

To quote another country guy,"and if that ain't country, I'll kiss your ass." ;)

I do agree with you though that it seems we are past the best era of country music.

Status
Not open for further replies.