Memorial day. THANK YOU.

14idaho

FNG
I'd like to thank all my sister's and brothers in arms. I spent considerable time in military, D.O.D. and Blackwater. This time of the year I think about all my team members that were killed and injured. I remember their names and faces, and the circumstances under which they died. I fight with the feelings often but count it a pleasure to have served with some of the finest people on earth. I miss them all. Sorry for the treats on the screen.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Might be a good time to remind folks of the purpose of the three most celebrated military holidays:

Armed Forces Day - Honor those currently serving in the military
Memorial Day - Honor those who died in a war/conflict/action
Veterans Days - Honor those who served in a war/conflict/action

The guidelines for Veterans Day have changed a little over the years to include all those that served
in the military.

Not trying to cause any drama or disrespect those that have served/or are serving (I was in the USMC), but the holidays can be conflated at times and they should not be as the intention of each is clear.

Eddie

BFR

WKR
In memory of those who gave their lives so that we may be free.
RIP brothers and sisters.
Might be a good time to remind folks of the purpose of the three most celebrated military holidays:

Armed Forces Day - Honor those currently serving in the military
Memorial Day - Honor those who died in a war/conflict/action
Veterans Days - Honor those who served in a war/conflict/action

The guidelines for Veterans Day have changed a little over the years to include all those that served
in the military.

Not trying to cause any drama or disrespect those that have served/or are serving (I was in the USMC), but the holidays can be conflated at times and they should not be as the intention of each is clear.

Eddie

May we never forget them and may they never become unknown's

qDL0jveh.jpg

14idaho

FNG
I'd like to thank all my sister's and brothers in arms. I spent considerable time in military, D.O.D. and Blackwater. This time of the year I think about all my team members that were killed and injured. I remember their names and faces, and the circumstances under which they died. I fight with the feelings often but count it a pleasure to have served with some of the finest people on earth. I miss them all. Sorry for the treats on the screen.
Tears on screen.

Wvroach

WKR
Just lost another Marine I served in Iraq with to suicide a week ago. The list of names keeps growing longer. This is a tough weekend but a needed reminder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Have lost several friends, 3 in the last 12 months... Just had the memorial service yesterday and hearing taps never gets easier.

Those who have had the struggle understand it isn't cowardice as these are among the bravest men I ever have known. Any one out there struggling if you ever need to talk to anyone help is there, and it isn't a sign of weakness to seek it. As men, I know it can be extremely difficult to admit something is wrong but in the end when you take your own life it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and will put a strain on those who were close with you constantly second guessing what they could have done differently.

Today we remember the fallen, including those who didn't die on the battlefield but at home years later. These men and women served to preserve our freedoms and identity as a nation, may God bless their families and offer comfort on this day of remembrance.