Memorial day weekend

As I was pulling out of my job on friday, the excited city folks were charging up the road with huge campers, trailers with quads, and four passenger side by sides.

As I turned off the highway to the house, the stream of trailers seemed endless. By 8:00 I went out to feed and got to enjoy a steady soaking rain. I put a couple logs in the stove and settled in for the night.

This morning I got up to 5 inches of heavy wet snow. Getting to the barn was three inches of slush and standing water and the snow is still coming down. I put some more wood in the stove and started breakfast. On the first turn of the sausage the power went out. Oh -- I forgot that there was no internet till almost 11.

We have had 4 days since january that you could go outside reasonably. All in a carhart uniform.

We were were promised global warming and I am getting very tired of waiting. I am sure all of those folks parked along the creeks have the same wishes.

For you folks moving west, I urge you to stock up on winter clothes. If you buy a house, consider a backup generator and a gas range. Keep your camping kitchen close at hand so you can eat. The modern life of the coasts and midwest is not here yet. I have elk in my yard but I think it is to get the heat from the house.

Have a good weekend!

Wingnutty

FNG
Went for a family hike and then I did a trail run afterwards today. I’m sick of the crap weather although it’s been kinda nice for outdoor workouts this spring since I enjoy cool weather for that.

Scrappy

WKR
Tried to go for bike ride at 6 this morning, I can't decide if it was hail or really big sleet that stopped me in the first 100 yards. Tried again this afternoon and got soaked to the bone then got hailed or sleeted on for the last mile.

CorbLand

WKR
It’s pissed rain here all weekend. Started Friday night and has been consistent since. Rains for a couple hours, then stops for a couple hours and repeats.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
For the love of god, please send some down to AZ. We are drying out fast, reservoirs are at an all time low, dusty as hell and I am sick of the 100+* days.

OP
P
I taught a bunch of classes in Phoenix in the 90s. Feb was nice but Sept one year was toasty. I did my best to avoid Arizona other than that.

Cosy up to an air conditioner. The last time we sent the jet stream down to you guys - texas froze.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Winter storm warning here through noon tomorrow. Steady rain the past couple of hours, off and on since last night. After the past couple of summers, we need every drop of it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well I'll be that guy. . . Sold my house and have been living in our camper for the month of may until we get into a rental while we start our building process. This weekend has been gorgeous! Highs around 80, lows around 55, walleye and white bass biting and only one night we no breeze where we had to fight the bugs.

It's been a lovely 2.5 days in Nebraska. . . But the wind is supposed to come back tomorrow so we have that to look forward to!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

SouthPaw

WKR
Sierra foothills...cut and split firewood all day. Broken overcast with a high of 70, low 48. Cant beat it. The heat is coming though. Everything is drying out fast. I'm sure the forests will be shut down all summer and fall again...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4rcgoat

WKR
Just about 6 months into the year,can't get too far up the mountain before you get into snow,high country is completely snowed in still. Raining hard now,over a foot of wet heavy snow projected for the higher elevations,gonna be another month before you can even think about hiking into the wilderness 🤣......better than the flip side I suppose.

manitou1

WKR
I will NEVER complain about rain in Wyoming after the past two years. It has been raining all morning...more than all the rain we had in over a year now. Loving every minute of it!

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Just about 6 months into the year,can't get too far up the mountain before you get into snow,high country is completely snowed in still. Raining hard now,over a foot of wet heavy snow projected for the higher elevations,gonna be another month before you can even think about hiking into the wilderness 🤣......better than the flip side I suppose.
I wish that’s how it was here in central Utah. My friends family made it all to skyline drive 2 days ago and that’s the highest road possible on our mountain.

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
Big creeks 2 hours north of you pony soldier are completely dry. I'm super thankful for any moisture we're getting, hoping it doesn't turn into last summer.

I do agree it seems like winter is coming later and staying later. Snow in elk season is hit or miss lately it seems.

OP
P
I agree. I think it was so dry last summer that the ground never froze. Everything is soaking in rather than running off. Yesterday I had 2" of water in my barn. This morning all of that has soaked in. At the rate it was flowing I thought I might have to get a life preserver for the barn cat.

My spring ponds were just about dry. A normal spring is 22 days of rain in June. Lets pray for normal. However-- rain not snow.

Yoder

WKR
Yesterday I was working on my wife's car and I noticed it needed front brakes. We drove to the store and back in about an hr and I had everything I needed to install them. I couldn't help thinking what an amazing country we live in where this is possible. I am thankful to all of those who have died to protect it.