Mendoza new book, anyone ordering?

NYSKIER

WKR
Let us know what you think of the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got the book yesterday got to reading it this morning and am half way through. So far I'm really enjoying it. It may be mentioned towards the end of the book but until I finish it the only thing I think would be good to add for discussion somewhere would be using his rule of thirds while practicing on 3-D targets. I know that at least for me I have a much easier time grouping on a paper plate from large distances than when I shoot at a 3-D target. I believe this is because there is not a distinct spot to aim and you have to aim for where you think the vitals will be. On a paper plate you have a specific spot to aim at you just pic the middle of the plate and go through the shot sequence, this is not so on both a 3-D target and a real animal. Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks for the link to the audio book Robby. I downloaded it and listened to it during my commute. I really enjoyed the book, I will be listening to it several more times I'm sure as I try implementing some of his steps.

I like the idea of using a systematic approach with hard data to determine max effective range. I see to many guys who buy their first bow and slap a slider on it and think since their effective range is as far as their sight will dial.
I have typically thought of my max effective range as 60, however I am going to try his steps and see where it actually comes out to.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the link to the audio book Robby. I downloaded it and listened to it during my commute. I really enjoyed the book, I will be listening to it several more times I'm sure as I try implementing some of his steps.

I like the idea of using a systematic approach with hard data to determine max effective range. I see to many guys who buy their first bow and slap a slider on it and think since their effective range is as far as their sight will dial.
I have typically thought of my max effective range as 60, however I am going to try his steps and see where it actually comes out to.

Awesome man, thanks for the feedback. If you have time, our Cold Bow challenge opens this Saturday, and that’s a great way to test your maximum effective range. I’ll be using Phils system for the challenge. I already shrunk my vitals size to 8 inches from my typical nine that I’ve been doing.

Awesome man, thanks for the feedback. If you have time, our Cold Bow challenge opens this Saturday, and that’s a great way to test your maximum effective range. I’ll be using Phils system for the challenge. I already shrunk my vitals size to 8 inches from my typical nine that I’ve been doing.

That's a good idea implementing his system into the challenge. I will give that a try.

541hunter

WKR
I saw the review here and just ordered it. Figured as a complete and utter newbie, can't hurt!

I wish I would have had something similar when starting out especially since there are not any archery coaches in my area. Coming from a long background of rifles, I had a hard time mentally adjusting to acceptable archery group sizes. So much so, that it I would get irritated with myself while shooting. This eventually led to target panic setting in. I still battle with it occasionally today. This book really outlines a great methodical approach for developing your effective range.