Meopta 15s or new Swaro Hd?

Looking for some input. I currently have a older pair of SLC non HDs. A buddy at work picked up a new pair of Meopta 15s a while back and I've compared them side by side. I think atleast to my eyes His seem to be a tad brighter. ( could be the difference in the Hue or something) and there crisper to my eye. That being said I'm debating selling my SLC and getting the Newer HDs or the Meopta.

My question is. I know the HDs are going to be better. however is it worth the extra cost? I haven't had the chance to compare them side by side. I'm assuming a few of you guys have. Thanks in advance for all the help and input.

The newer 15x56 HD Swarovski is better than your current non-HD model and worth the upgrade, in my opinion. Now comparing the MEOPTA 15x56 HD to the new Swarovski HD is a different story. I feel the center resolution in the MEOPTA and Swarovski HD are near identical. It’s the outer edge that differs. The Swarovski is sharper to the edge. The MEOPTA has a hazy outer ring at about the 80% mark. If center field is all your worried about, save some cash and get the MEOPTA. If you want edge resolution as well as center field, go Swarovski 15x56 HD. The edge distortion in the MEOPTA drove me crazy after a season so I sold them and went Swarovski. Either will serve you well. 15s are my second most used optic.

Just one man‘s opinion 👍

OP
Rackseekers
Thanks for the input. I javent had the chance to spend 2 much time behind the meopta or the New HDs. I'm hoping to look through the meoptas alittle more. I primarily hunt coues so I know the HDs would be better. Just don't know if there $800

I run the Meoptas next to a buddies swaro HD all the time and there isn’t much of a difference. The Meoptas are great for the $$$. I just don’t use them as much as I’d like. I use my Meopta spotter more, but that’s my hunting style. Probably going to sell my meopta 15x56’s if you end up wanting to go that route.

OP
Rackseekers
I hear ya. I glass ALOT with my 15s that's why I can't make up my mind. I do have a new Kowa 88 I use once I locate stuff. I havent spent a long time behind the Meoptas to know how the fatigue issue is or anything like that. I've also ly looked through the Newer 15s twice and both times were briefly with out much to compare them too.

I have the Meostar Plus 15x56 HD and think they are incredible. I have only compared the SLC HD and Meostar HD in the 10x42 configuration. I used them in various light conditions and did not see much of a difference in the sweet spot, only a little on the outer ring which for me was not a huge deal. It certainly did not justify the price difference. I did, however, notice a big difference in the focus knob, I just could not get used to the SLC focus knob, the tension varied as you focused. I exchanged it for another SLC HD 10x42 and it was the same. I had the same issue with the focus on an SLC 8x42 I used as well. I wonder if the SLC 15x focus is any better. For me a butter smooth focus is more important that the outermost 10% of the peripheral ring. But either are fine optics.

OP
Rackseekers
Not sure I've I've looked through the new Plus... How long have they been out? what's the differenceBetween them and the b1.1 ?

OP
Rackseekers
Just contacted my buddy. The ones I've looked through happened to be the Plus's. I think they are bettwr than my SLC however I'm gunna try and barrow them for a few nights and get some more time side by side