Meopta 42 mm, converter 2x

I am looking at the new Meopta 42 mm HD series binos or the 50 mm and I saw the converter attachment. Has anyone thought of using or has used this as your spotting scope? Just a thought and would like to hear everyones opinions. Thanks.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
We had a thread about boosters before.

The Cliff's Notes are that they degrade the image too much to be particularly usefull for serious glassing.

Hardstalk

WKR
Bb you left a little out.

The general consensus stated that they make great paper weights.

OP
WyoBowhunter21
Well thanks guys. That answers my questions and saves me some money. Right now I am spending some money on some nice binos, what's a good spotter that's fairly cheap. I am not trophy hunting just looking for stuff with horns.

Shrek

WKR
You have to be more specific. Max price is $800 , $700 , $600 , ect. The little minox have a great reputation and an open box deal can be had for $230ish.

$219.99 plus shipping at cameraland

OP
WyoBowhunter21
That minox sounds like my temporary spotter for a while. 200 would be great! Not much of an expense to save up for a little bit.

Shrek

WKR
Also the Brunton Eterna 18x38x50mm spotter on sportsmans guide. They are a closeout model with ed glass made in japan. I bought one and like it for what it is. I don't have another small spotter to put it up against but it seems to be top quality glass at half price. $242 + shipping for members or $269 for nonmembers.