Meopta bino question.

I'm about to purchase a new set of binos. asked a question about Vortex and was told to look at the Meopta stuff and I have read lots of other recommendations for them.

My question is: What is the difference between the Meopta Meostar and the Meostar B1?
Meopta website doesn't show there are two different versions. But ( I think its Cameraland website) shows the two different versions and they are about $200 in difference.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Meostar current models are:
8x32
10x32x8x42
10x42 HD
12x50 HD
15x56 HD

Which one are you interested in? It pays ($$$) for you to call us and mention RokSlide :)

I thought the B1 was just the reference to the Meostar line? It looks like on cameraland the B1 is just on the Meostar HD, but definitely give Doug a call. It will be worth it!

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
Picking up the phone will definitely save you some $. I have been using Meopta's MeoStar B1 10x42 HD's for over a month now and I can assure you they will exceed your expectations. Everything about them is quality and you can feel it when you pick them up and adjust the eyecups. Check them out, you will not be disappointed.

DSC_0079.jpg

hunterjmj

WKR
Picked up a set of Meostars 10x42 b1 and happy I did. These have the locking diopter that Is a new addition from what I know.

My understanding was that Meostar and B1 are one and the same. Not sure why there would be any price difference.

For what it's worth, I really like 10x42s

Hey guys, beating a dead horse here but comparisons on these to razor 10x42’s or even swaro slc neu’s? I’m leaning toward the Meopta for quality at my budget.

I purchased the Cabela's version years and years ago, prior to HD. I am still impressed with them every time I use them. I don't think you can go wrong with Meopta. I have a couple friends that have the newer HD version. They are exceptionally pleased also.

Hey guys, beating a dead horse here but comparisons on these to razor 10x42’s or even swaro slc neu’s? I’m leaning toward the Meopta for quality at my budget.
I own a bunch of the newest version swarovski el sv and slc hds.
I just picked up a set of the meopta 10x 42 hds on here in the classifieds. These are really nice. They give up nothing to the slc neu's. Buy a set from cameraland and thank me later.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you tripod mount a Swarovski SLC (10x42 or their 15x56) and next to it tripod mount the same Meopta Meostar (10x42 or 15x56) you will have a very difficult time discerning any distinct difference

Always keep in mind a good glass becomes a great glass when mounted on a tripod and a great glass becomes amazing when tripod mounted. The difference in optic ability jumps tripod mounting vs hand holding

If you tripod mount a Swarovski SLC (10x42 or their 15x56) and next to it tripod mount the same Meopta Meostar (10x42 or 15x56) you will have a very difficult time discerning any distinct difference

Always keep in mind a good glass becomes a great glass when mounted on a tripod and a great glass becomes amazing when tripod mounted. The difference in optic ability jumps tripod mounting vs hand holding
This x 100.
First thing I did when the meopta's showed up.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I am doing some work with Meopta but I can promise you, my Euro bino's that cost more than twice what the MeoStar bino goes for, will not see the light of day this hunting season. That is how impressed I am with Meopta's binos. You will not be disappointed, especially with how much money you will save.

Thanks guys for all the info, I got a chance to compare the razors, Zeiss conquest and some Meopta’s (Cabela’s euro) and my only fault was the weight of the meoptas. I’ll give camera land a call today and see about ordering a pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk