Meopta customer service - How is it?

Thinking about picking up some Meopta binos because I've heard they have great build quality and solid optics for the money. I always figured that for any binocular purchase over $300 I'd want to go with something like Vortex because of the no-fault warranty, but I am not convinced that Vortex necessarily offers a great value in comparison to others, even with their warranty. Also, I'm not a huge fan of companies that build a reputation for great warranty service by having to provide it constantly.

That being said, how is Meopta service if you end up needing it?

Firehawk

WKR
I picked up a used Meostar 15x56 from another member here last year. I was able to quickly get the warranty registered in my name. I also reached out to them to find out if I could get new lens caps. They responded very fast and sent them to me free of charge.

They are built very well and are good optics. I wouldn't worry about them taking care of you at all.

FH

ZackP

WKR
I’ll agree with Doug. Erik is the bomb.
Meopta goes above and beyond in my book.
I’ve used their warranty twice, both times my fault, and was taken care of quickly on both occasions.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I had a pair slightly out of colimation and they sent me a new pair as soon as a they received my old pair and verified they were off. I’ve reached out to them a few times for replacement lens covers and tripod screw caps. Every time I’ve gotten Erik and he’s helped me immediately. I couldn’t be more satisfied. I’ve used vortex before too, no different to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I am happy to help anyone out with any Meopta product issues. Meopta over engineers their products just so you don't have to worry about them in the field.

ZackP

WKR
I had a pair slightly out of colimation and they sent me a new pair as soon as a they received my old pair and verified they were off. I’ve reached out to them a few times for replacement lens covers and tripod screw caps. Every time I’ve gotten Erik and he’s helped me immediately. I couldn’t be more satisfied. I’ve used vortex before too, no different to me.

Exactly. Everyone raves about Vortex warranty, which no doubt, is fantastic.

Not many people realize the same can be said for almost any optics company these days.

Except Nikon… By far the WORST service department I’ve ever encountered. 3 months on a bino replacement is unacceptable, no matter the quality of glass.

Jgent15

FNG
I’ll agree with Doug. Erik is the bomb.
Meopta goes above and beyond in my book.
I’ve used their warranty twice, both times my fault, and was taken care of quickly on both occasions.

Good to know. I’m going to start looking at this brand as well now

ZackP

WKR
Meopta and vortex aren’t in the same class. I couldn’t be happier with my meoptas

Yeah that pretty much goes without saying…

We’re speaking of the warranty. And in that aspect, Vortex has an awesome warranty, and I would put Meopta right there with them 👍🏻

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the sentiment of wanting an optics company to have a great warranty but I never want to test it out. Having worked with Meopta for 3 years now, I must say that it is a rare occasion when I run across someone with a problem. But, when I do, I make sure they are taken care of to their satisfaction and always follow up, later on, to make sure all is great. The company I used to work with, it was almost an everyday occurrence. I think it comes down to companies that truly take pride in putting out a quality product and have strict quality control measures in place. We all know that things happen, it's how a company deals with the consumer that really sets it defines the kind of company that they are.

Gerp

FNG
I am happy to help anyone out with any Meopta product issues. Meopta over engineers their products just so you don't have to worry about them in the field.
I live in Canada and I purchased a Meopta Optika 6 1-6x24mm SFP optic to use on my 35 whelen last year. I was out shooting with my friend, last month, who has a Leupold VX5 1-5x24 and wanted to compare the scopes side by side. We noticed almost imediately that his zoom at 5x seemed greater than my zoom at 6x. So we did another comparison at 1x on each scope but focusing on an object about 20 yards away with both eyes open. With his VX5 we could focus both eyes on the object so that they lined up properly showing it to be a true 1x view through the scope. When looking through the Meopta the image through the scope appeared to be approximately 3/4 the size of the object when viewed with the naked eye. We thoght this was very odd. I later compared the view to a vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24 that I have on a different rifle and it was again a true 1x where as the Meopta image is shrunken. I also compared both the PST and the Optika 6 at 6x and the PST image was clearly larger. Without having a gradiated image to take measurements from it seems like the VX5 is a legit 1-5x optic and the PST is a legit 1-6x but the Meopta is clsoer to 0.75-4.5 zoom range. Not quite satisfied yet I compared the VX5 and Optika 6 to my Vortex PST Gen 2 3-15 at its 5x setting and it looked the same as the VX5 and slightly larger than the Optika 6 at its 6x setting. To me this seems like a clear flaw in the scope and a manufacturer defect.

I've contacted the retailer I purchased the scope from and they have contacted Meopta but almsot a month later I still haven't heard anything back from Meopta. I'm hoping this is something you can look into for me? Aside from the zoom issue I do like the scope. It's clear and the adjustments seem to be accurate and the scope feels alltogether well built. However, having he bottom end of the zoom range at 0.75x to me is unnacceptable.

4th_point

WKR
I've contacted the retailer I purchased the scope from and they have contacted Meopta but almsot a month later I still haven't heard anything back from Meopta. I'm hoping this is something you can look into for me?
I believe Meopta was sold to another organization and people have reported customer no service since.

Good luck. Please let us know how it goes.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
That is interesting, I have never heard of that issue before. Are you considering FOV when estimating magnification? In an Outdoor Life article, they said “It turns out to be tricky to measure apparent magnification of an optic, for reasons too mathematical and abstract to mention here.” Here is an article to look at, https://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/06/30/how-to-measure-the-apparent-magnification-of-a-scope/ While I do not work for Meopta, I can't imagine any optics company giving erroneous numbers concerning magnification. I reached out to a guy I know, I'll let you know what they say. Yes, part of Meopta was sold, but operations have not changed.

Gerp

FNG
I believe Meopta was sold to another organization and people have reported customer no service since.

Good luck. Please let us know how it goes.
Well that kind of sucks as customer service reviews on top of general reviews of their optics is why I branched away from Vortex for this one.

S.Clancy

WKR
I got in contact with Meopta directly for a pair of Cabelas Euro binos. They took them in for cleaning and inspection and sent me a loaner pair while they were in the shop. This was 2021.