Meopta MeoPro Air

OP
Newtosavage
My most recent pair of Meopros said Assembled in USA on them, but those to a lesser degree and both pairs of x42 Meopros I've owned just reeked of Chinese glass. I'd be shocked to learn they made that glass in the Czech republic.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I got an email from Meopta a few days ago saying that they are hoping for end of sept for the Air to arrive. It is the Meopta B1 HD optically with different housing and body design. Should be a killer. I’m waiting for the arrival.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
The Air's are being marketed and priced as glass to fit the niche between the lower Meopro and upper Meostar B1.1/plus lines. The Meopro Air's are going to be made with outsourced components like the rest of the Meopro line which allows them to be a more affordable option to the B1 and yet to be released B2.

The B1.1, B1 Plus, and next years B2 will continue to made with all in-house European glass and components, but the B1.1 will be phased out soon.

It's kind of an odd situation as the Air's are the body that many have been waiting for the B1's to morph into, but didn't expect them to be a cheaper outsourced product. Perhaps the B2 will be a similar open bridge design with even better glass yet made in house.

Last edited:

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
The FOV specs on the 8x42 have me excited for a potential Eastern whitetail bino.
Absolutely. I just picked up some new Cabela's Euro HD's in 8x32 for Midwest woods whitetail hunting and they have a FOV of 416 which is outstanding as well.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
Air's and release of B2's delayed due to pandemic. All online retailers listing them as backordered or expected in 2-4 weeks, I'd bet longer.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
Will either the Air’s or B2’s be available in 15x56?
The B2's are the next generation of Meostars, so I'd imagine they'd continue offering a 15x56 just as they do now. The Meopro Air's are not offered in 56mm.

The B2's are the next generation of Meostars, so I'd imagine they'd continue offering a 15x56 just as they do now. The Meopro Air's are not offered in 56mm.
Are they sticking with Schmidt-Pecan prisms or is there any chance they’ll go to Abbe-Koenig style?

Brink

FNG
They might be working on that. Who knows. The Meostar line is overdue for an update IMO. Same basic binocular for many years now, with different skin and diopter adjustment lock. That ain't enough IMO. But being slow to change a formula that's worked for them has some logic too I guess. I don't see Swaro changing their SLC form factor anytime soon, because it's so popular with hunters.

If they made these in Europe, to the same standard as a Meostar in a x32 model, at around $1500 street price, they would sell the crap out of them IMO. The birders would jump on them and so would the hunters.

Yeah, sometimes changing a classic product isn't the best way to go (e.g. Leica Trinovids and several top Nikon lines).

born2kill

FNG
Does anyone know if the Airs will have the locking diopter, like the B1 plus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk