Meopta Meopro or Athlon Cronus?

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
Is there anybody that has used both of these that feels one is better glass?
I'm looking to pick up an 8x or 8.5x set for archery elk hunting. I have a set of 12x50 euro hd I use for any long distance glassing that are pretty incredible.
I'm looking for a bino under $500 to use in tighter knit scenarios that the 12xs are just too shaky and bulky.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
idahomuleys

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
That sale is what got me looking at the cronus. Which do you think is better? The meopro or cronus?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I do not think you'd see the difference which is why we jumped all over the Cronus deal to be able to offer on this deal. It is a great optic

binoman

FNG
I do not think you'd see the difference which is why we jumped all over the Cronus deal to be able to offer on this deal. It is a great optic
Is this particular Cronus model now discontinued by athlon? I ask because athlons website shows different looking models. What are the differences?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is this particular Cronus model now discontinued by athlon? I ask because athlons website shows different looking models. What are the differences?
Yes it is. The newer version has changed cosmetically, however, there was no great optical change made to the best of my knowledge

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I own the MeoPro 10x42 bino and the Optika 8x42's. My next purchase will be the MeoStar 12x50's. A buddy has them and they are very impressive, especially in low light. I don't think you can go wrong with a MeoPro 4x42 or 8x32 set of bino's to add to your hunting arsenal. I have not been underwhelmed with one Meopta product I have used. I certainly can't say that about some of my other optic's choices. I'm sure Doug can hook you up too.