Meopta Meostar HD tripod mount options

I've currently got the Meopta Meostar 10x42 HD binos and am looking to get a tripod mount for them. For roksliders who run or have run the Meostars with a tripod mount, what mount have you found works best and why? I did a little google searching and found a thread on here regarding the subject and in the thread Matt Cashell said he was running the vortex uni-dapter with the meostars, but that thread was started back in 2013 and I was just curious what people are using now and if there's a better option out there.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
On the quick detach type which I'd recommend over ones that have to screw in each time:

Lower cost field research, they work (I have a couple). I didn't have really any issue running them on 8x42 binos.

Higher cost outdoorsman, seem more robust and I just picked one up to go along with an upgrade in glass as I wanted something stout to support some 15x56.

I use the uni dapter on both my 15x and 10x, no complaints about it at all. Works great, better than the ones that have to be removed every time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I use the uni dapter on both my 15x and 10x, no complaints about it at all. Works great, better than the ones that have to be removed every time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you are happy that is solid. But don't you find that post sticking down to be a PITA? What I liked on the two above recommendations is they are a smaller post sticking forward.

I agree the ones that screw in/out each time aren't desirable for hunting.

ianpadron

WKR
I have the universal mount from Vortex with quick release. No complaints.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
back country
for those that have used the outdoorsman adapter, did you go with the tall or short? I like the idea of the quick release stud and being able to get my binos off quick. I think if I went this route I'd get another quick release plate for my tripod head so that I have one dedicated to the bino adapter and one dedicated to my spotter. That way I could swap back and forth without having to unscrew one just to screw the other back on.

shotgunwilly

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the tall outdoorsmans adapter on a pair of the cabelas version 12x50 hd's, it is very solid and quick to set up, paired with the pistol grip it is very functional.

twall13

WKR
I don't have the meostars but do have the Outdoorsman mount on my binos. I went with the tall for two reasons. First, I knew it would work with any binos, even bigger 15x's if I get any in the future. Second, I use a Promaster XC525c tripod and for most stuff it's great but it's just under comfortable standing height for me. I don't often glass from a standing position but the taller adapter helps just a bit when I do.

I also compared the Field Optics Research adapter to the Outdoorsman when I purchased and liked the Outdoorsman enough to keep it and send the Field Optics Research back even though it was less than half the price. The Field Optics mount is still a good mount and a fantastic value so it comes down to personal preference and how much you want to spend. I just felt the Outdoorsman would work better with cold hands in hunting situations.

I'd also check out the system from KDC as well. It's similar to the Outdoorsman but perhaps a bit more versatile if you want a lightweight bipod for your rifle as well. I think they have a Rokslide deal going on for a full setup through the end of the month but it may be more than you are looking for.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
for those that have used the outdoorsman adapter, did you go with the tall or short? I like the idea of the quick release stud and being able to get my binos off quick. I think if I went this route I'd get another quick release plate for my tripod head so that I have one dedicated to the bino adapter and one dedicated to my spotter. That way I could swap back and forth without having to unscrew one just to screw the other back on.

I got the short but that was because I misread the label and thought it was 3.5" tall to the mounting point, its not. That said there is enough room with it for my 15x56 so no big deal. But highsight 20-20 perhaps consider the tall. Definitely get two plates.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
If you are happy that is solid. But don't you find that post sticking down to be a PITA? What I liked on the two above recommendations is they are a smaller post sticking forward.

I agree the ones that screw in/out each time aren't desirable for hunting.

I don't find the post interferes with anything. I can get em in and out of my AGC with no issues. Quick on and off, no screwing or tightening anything, I don't feel want for anything more.

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't find the post interferes with anything. I can get em in and out of my AGC with no issues. Quick on and off, no screwing or tightening anything, I don't feel want for anything more.

If they fit into a harness I can see it not being an issue then. I don't use a harness so the times I'd have them around my neck that would hit me in the sternum, I wasn't thinking about the harness padding.

Just so folks are aware you don't have to tighten anything on the outdoorsman, you can push button it in/out, you only tighten it if you want to lock in a side tilt. The field research you don't tighten either just set it on/off.