Meopta Meostar R2 1-6 LPVO

DBTN

FNG
For a while now I have benefitted from the wealth of information on this forum. Primarily been checking things out in the optics section. I know most here are into slightly more magnification but figured I would share my review of the Meopta Meostar 1-6. I was really impressed with the scope. I have the Meopta Meostar S2 spotting scope and it continues to impress me every time I take it out.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
Preaching to the choir, DB. I have been using that scope for 9 months now and it is a favorite. From carbine competitions to pig hunting it'll get the job done. You can even dial in the reticle using Strelok Pro for those longer shots you might encounter. My son used my scope and rifle one night to take 3 pigs after sunset. Sadly, he now thinks it's his so I have another one on the way!

DSC_0149(1).jpeg

Thanks DBTN for putting out this. Finding info on Meopta can be hard and dated.

I have a 9.5" ZD 1-4x22 and love it on a smaller platform. Its better than a MRO as far as 1x as far as i'm concerned, but would like a little morer power.

As far as being "Better than a Vortex Razor". Curious on what points brought you to this conclusion? How is it on 1x comparing the two? Eye box comparison? Also curious how the power lever is? Would it require a cat tail or is the fin fine being on a smooth turning dial?

Any more comparisons I would be very interested in.

You had the Vortex on a "Work rifle" which makes me wonder why not the Meopta assuming work is protection/LEO/defensive type work.

Last edited:
I went with an R2 BDC3 reticle. I still need to adjust it around some to get the right spot and some zero but It seems to be the next level I was hoping for.

Compared to the Meotac ZD 1-4 the R2's power dial is a lot smoother and the small fin is probably sufficient. It is very smooth!

From what I understand this can also use CR2032 batteries. However, those will not last as long.

Thanks again.

Last edited: