Meopta Meostar S2 - Production Status?

Finn16

WKR
I've noticed on several big optic supply sites that this scope is listed as "No Longer Available". I'm wondering if they are phasing it out and replacing it with a new model or maybe reducing suppliers? Anyone have any intel on this?

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
Might be because Covid has the plants shut down and not producing much? I have noticed that many items on my Amazon buy list are out of stock for the first time that I have seen.

pc3

WKR
The Meopta Meostar S2 Spotting Scope is a current, in line, spotter from Meopta without any replacement in the foreseeable future. It's an alpha quality unit comparable to a Swarovski

I took the oppurtunity to grab one from them, the "no box unit with 20-70x eye piece" for $1799 (not sure if the deal still running). He is correct the view through these things are amazing. I cannot compare to a Swarovski spotter, I have not looked through one. But you will NOT miss any game with one of these the view is that good.

It’s better than most of the swaro scopes for way less $$$. It isn’t the best spotter but it runs with the best. I’ve used one for 5 years and been around/used MANY other spotters.

DBTN

FNG
When I first started looking at higher end spotting scope I found this forum and was thankful for the wealth of information on here. I looked at several scoped and I ended up going with the S2 and do not regret it. It really is a great scope.

Reactions: pc3

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
New products, announced at this past SHOT are delayed due to Covid-19. Products that might have been in the works IMO will be delayed and may be released at SHOT in January assuming SHOT is not canceled