Meopta meostars 15x eye relief

jsimonh

FNG
Classified Approved
Currently have vortex 18x kaibabs and I love everything about them except the eye relief. I feel like I have to be right up on them to get a full sight picture.

I have a chance to buy a set of Meopta 15x Meostars and instantly thought I'd jump all over them. Then I read that per the spec sheet the eye relief is actually less than what the kaibabs have. Ive read a few reviews where they talked about the eye relief on the Meopta not being great, I guess I'm looking for opinions on the matter from actual users.

I know optically they will be far better, but the optics is not why I'm considering moving away from the kaibabs. They do what I need in those regards. TIA!

I've used 15x Meopta for five (maybe six?) years now, and I've never felt like the eye relief was an issue. I use the eye cups screwed all the way in and I can have a full FOV without touching them on a tripod.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Antares

WKR
I have the Meopta 15x56s too and I haven’t had an issue. The eye cups have three positions. I use the middle one. I don’t wear eye glasses.

Fatcamp

WKR
I wear eyeglasses and with them on the eye relief seems short. With my glasses off the eye relief is excellent and the view is pretty amazing.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I am using the Meopta MeoStar B1 Plus 12x50's with the eyecups out one click. A buddy likes them out all the way for his old eyes. I have never noticed any issues with the Meopta eye relief being finicky.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have 15s as well, use the middle setting and haven't noticed an issue. I used a friends Kaibab 20s and they seemed fine too so I just may not have the issue you do.

The meopta are definitely better glass, especially in lower light, I need to compare them to swaro, I think the swaro are likely better edge to edge, the meopta seem a little lacking there?