Meopta Mostar B1.1 HD still a solid option for $1000 glass?

Last year I contacted Meopta about a similar question. I have a B1 Meostar HD 10x42 and was interested in upgrading. They said there was no difference in the glass from the B1 to the B1.1. Just the locking diopter. I was able to compare my bino to a B1.1 10x42 HD and found there is no optical difference. The non-locking diopter has never been an issue for me.

If they fit you well and your eyes like them I would not worry about it. Even going up to the B1 Plus will not make much difference except a different, more ergonomic body.

The Meostar B1 8x42 does not have HD glass but I think it is a great binocular, especially for the price. All the Meostars I have punch way above their weight (price).

Fatcamp

WKR
Last year I contacted Meopta about a similar question. I have a B1 Meostar HD 10x42 and was interested in upgrading. They said there was no difference in the glass from the B1 to the B1.1. Just the locking diopter. I was able to compare my bino to a B1.1 10x42 HD and found there is no optical difference. The non-locking diopter has never been an issue for me.

If they fit you well and your eyes like them I would not worry about it. Even going up to the B1 Plus will not make much difference except a different, more ergonomic body.

The Meostar B1 8x42 does not have HD glass but I think it is a great binocular, especially for the price. All the Meostars I have punch way above their weight (price).

I have B1 8X42 and B1.1 15X56.

Both great tools

B1 plus in stock at sportoptics.com. With their 16% coupon off it will get you close to that $1000 price point...$1134 before tax (call them if problems with the code). Free shipping. It’s a great store and I’ve purchased a few items from them. But I agree with the others, if staying below $1000 is key, I’d stick with the B1’s. Me personally, I’d probably pay an extra $200 on top of $1k for the latest and greatest just because. But if only ergos and the diopter lock were different, anything more than that and I’d go with the b1’s.

DanN

FNG
I tried a set of meostar 10x 42 hds to compare to swaro 10x 42 els I owned at the time.
The meostars are fantastic glass. I no longer own either but most of my hunting buddies own them now.
I got them to ditch their leupold and nikon entry level glass to get the meostars. Almost every set they own I picked up on here for between $650 - $750.
Great value on fantastic glass.
Your comments are making me rethink getting mavens and instead getting meostar! Thanks -Dan