Meopta or Leupold 12x50

Nooch2222

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the market for a good pair of 12x50 binos around the $1000 price range. Anyone have experience with leupold and meopta 12's? I have a set of swaro 15's and a ATX 95 spotter for long range glassing.

jmav58

WKR
I bet most guys so Meopta but my question is why not go for 10's since you have a pair of 15's already? Or sell the 15's for 18's and get the Meopta 12's also. Hopefully not coming off as a jerk, just curious is all.

OP
Nooch2222

Nooch2222

Lil-Rokslider
I bet most guys so Meopta but my question is why not go for 10's since you have a pair of 15's already? Or sell the 15's for 18's and get the Meopta 12's also. Hopefully not coming off as a jerk, just curious is all.
Had swaro slc 10's liked them but looking for something with a little more power my wife can use when we are out together, and I can will carry the 12's and the spotter when I backpack hunt. I've thought about selling the 15's but I just can't let them go, Love them for coues hunting out here in Az.

Outwest

WKR
I have very limited experience with leupold but extensive experience with Meopta. IMO, they are as close as you can get to swaro without going to swaro. I have had a set of 10x42 meostars going on 11 years now and they have been fantastic. Very tough set of binos with great optics. I am sure they’ve improved over the past decade as has everyone else.

I don’t think you can go wrong with Meopta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Nooch2222

Nooch2222

Lil-Rokslider
I have very limited experience with leupold but extensive experience with Meopta. IMO, they are as close as you can get to swaro without going to swaro. I have had a set of 10x42 meostars going on 11 years now and they have been fantastic. Very tough set of binos with great optics. I am sure they’ve improved over the past decade as has everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I'm rough on my gear and need it to last or at least have a good warranty.

I've seen some of the older japanese made vortex razors go for around $800 that would fit your budget. I picked up a set and have been real happy with them. No exposure to meoptas or the higher end leupolds tho

I had bx4 12x50 and upgraded to the Meostars 10x42 and ended up with a second set of 12x50’s a bit of overlap I’ll probably end up selling the 10’s and keeping the 12’s and getting a set of 8’s. The bx4’s were fine but the Meostars were a noticeable upgrade to my eyes

Cannot speak for Meoptas but have loved my experience with Leupold thus far. I know that you can get a significant discount on Leupold through the manufacturer directly if you’re military/government so that’s why I have been running their gear. The warranty dept has be terrific as well. No questions asked in the past when I have sent them my binos or rifle scopes