Meopta or zeiss?

Considering getting a set of binos for my wife that bow hunts. 10x42 is what I’d like. Considering meopros or terra ed’s. I have a pair of the zeiss and have been pretty happy with them. They work for what I use them for. Really clear. And really good in low light. Never looked through the meoptas but here they are a little better quality. Anyone here that can steer me right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of Zeiss glass, but wasn't too impressed by the Terra glass when a buddy won a pair. Haven't looked through any meopta binos but the rifle scopes have seemed nice for the money.

MattB

WKR
Pardon me for going off script, but Swaro came out with a new binoc and the EL 10x42's are on sale many places.

OP
ddavis_1313
Some of you guys are missing the budget....

Obviously if I had 2k to throw down I’d buy swaros and be done. Not everyone is fortunate enough to spend that kind of money....

hodgeman

WKR
A lot of the entry level Zeiss products are made by Meopta. The original Conquest stuff was all Meopta. I've got three of them and they're great.

If its between the Zeiss Terra and the Meopta Meopro, go Meopta all the way. I had both in 8x42 and the Meopta was all around better.

Beendare

WKR
I compared a few different models of 15x last year and the Meoptas won out. Neck and neck with Swaro, better than Vortex.
There is a good thread comparing these in the optics section.
Tip: Call doug or Neil at Cameraland

——

Hogyotedeer

Banned
I have both a conquest (3-9x40) and meopta meostar (3-10x50). The meopta is superior from what I can tell. I know it's not a direct conparison between the EXACT scopes, but being the owner of two meopta's I don't see how they could possibly be beat for the money.

Wapiti1

WKR
I would also go Meopro over the Terra. The Meopro 10X42's I looked at were good. The Zeiss Terra's were kind of blah. Not bad, but not inspiring.

Jeremy

Shrek

WKR
Meopta ! If you can afford the Meostars you will be in as good or better than Swarovski SLC performance. Meopta is hard to beat imo.

OP
ddavis_1313
I compared a few different models of 15x last year and the Meoptas won out. Neck and neck with Swaro, better than Vortex.
There is a good thread comparing these in the optics section.
Tip: Call doug or Neil at Cameraland

——

Talked to Neil yesterday. The guys at camera land are awesome!

johnsd16

WKR
If all the Terras I’ve ever looked through they were pretty poor. Didn’t live up to zeiss glass in any way. I’d try to get hands on both and give them a look but if you can’t I would vote meopta.