Meopta Question

mww982

WKR
I have ordered a Leupold VX5HD CDS-ZL2 2-10x42 for my 7mm08 and it is on back order. I can get both Leupold and Meopta at a discounted rate and have been Meopta mentioned a lot in several forums I am on. Would you stick with the Leupold or opt for the Meopta? The meopta’s I am interested in are either the Meostar R2 1.7-10x42 or Optika 6 2.5-15x44. If Meopta was your choice which one would you pick out of those two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both of those 2 scopes. Leupold on my main rifle (7mmRM) & I'm very happy with it. It's hands down the best scope I've ever had. The dial is spot on & I love the fire dot for low light. Crystal clear glass (I went with the 56 mm objective).
I got the Meopta Optika 6 for a 22-250 to plink around / groundhog / varmint set up. It was much less expensive (less features of course) but I don't think the quality is as good as the Leupold.
I've always been a believer in getting the very best you can afford. Is it worth a few extra $$ when the moment of truth comes? Absolutely. That's just my personal opinion.

OP
M

mww982

WKR
I have both of those 2 scopes. Leupold on my main rifle (7mmRM) & I'm very happy with it. It's hands down the best scope I've ever had. The dial is spot on & I love the fire dot for low light. Crystal clear glass (I went with the 56 mm objective).
I got the Meopta Optika 6 for a 22-250 to plink around / groundhog / varmint set up. It was much less expensive (less features of course) but I don't think the quality is as good as the Leupold.
I've always been a believer in getting the very best you can afford. Is it worth a few extra $$ when the moment of truth comes? Absolutely. That's just my personal opinion.

The Optika 6 is lowest in my list. Anyone familiar with the Meostar R2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
Hello my name is elkguide and I am a Swarovski addict.

Now that that is out of the way, IF I couldn't have Swarovski, I would definitely be going with Meopta. The Meostar line is really amazing.

I bought the Meopta Optika 6 2.5-15x44 from Cameraland for $429 during a sale they had over the summer.....Kdot reticle. It is heavy @ 27.2 oz, but.....I put it on a Christensen Arms Mesa in 7 rem mag, got my load dialed in, and was ringing steel out to 530 yds. Fast forward to my elk hunt in Montana I just got back from.....when I left my hometown I stood there and watched the lazy TSA guy pick up my Pelican case and drop it a good 3 ft in the air down on to the conveyor belt of the X-ray machine. No telling what other folks did to it along it's journey from Tampa to Missoula that I didn't see. I get to the ranch and first order is to check zero. Dead on.

I am a Swarovski fanboy, but the last trip I went on my $2K Swaro Z6 got knocked way off. This $429 Meopta Optika 6 did not.

Edit: I just checked and CL has it on sale again for $429:

I really like this Kdot reticle......it is very clean. Used it in all light conditions and never needed the illumination. I set the main dot as 100 yds, the dot below it is dead on at 200 AND 300 yds, third dot is 350, 4th dot is 400, and bottom dot is 12 inches low at 530 yds. Capped turrets, no dialing, worrying about knobs getting inadvertently turned, or forgetting to return to zero.

Last edited:

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I have several rifles outfitted with Meopta Meopros that I really like. Some knock their reticle options (usually in the long range target crowd that prefer FFP and reticle that offer more ranging option), although for hunting, I prefer a less cluttered view and second focal plane. The Meopros are a great option and are being replaced with the Optika 5 & 6...the Meostar is a step above in their line up. In terms of scopes/magnification that I have in the Meopros...4.5-14x44; 4.5-14x50; 6.5-20x50. My other two higher end optics are a Minox Zx5-i 5-25x56 and a Leupold Mark4 LR in 4.5-14x50. In terms of glass quality/light gathering, the Meopros hold their own and for significantly less cost. Wouldn’t hesitate buying another if needed