Meopta vs Athlon

brownth2

FNG
I don’t doubt this thread has been posted and best to death somewhere BUT .... I’m looking at putting something different on my 700 in .308. Mostly punching paper 3-400 yds, looking only at MOA FFP.
Meopta Optika 6 or Athlon BTR or ETR? Something better in the$750-1000 range?

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Don't get an Ares BTR I think you can spend your money on a better scope, mine is a 4.5-27x50 and the view gets real touchy after 12-15

I have no experience with any of the Optika6 stuff but have a few Meopro and Meostar scopes and Meopro binos and couldn't be more pleased.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, I bought the Ares BTR n say so what a POS compared to some of the others I have and touched. My bad, the only thing is I have a nice scope on my .22

OP
B

brownth2

FNG
This is really good stuff guys. Thanks. I talked to the guys at Cameraland and they both seemed to think the Meoptas were a very high quality product. I have a zeiss conquest 4,5-14 which apparently was made by Meopta and which I'm very pleased with. I wish I could actually look through one before dropping that kind of coin.

While we're at it: Anyone have opinions on Meopta Optika vs Sig Sauer Tango/Sierra/Whisky configurations?

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
Meopta glass will not let you down. I have been very impressed with all my Meopta products and one of the reasons I do some freelance work with them. Excellent glass and a quality European company that cares about quality control. A number of my friends own Meopta products after borrowing mine. Meopta's Optika6 line has great features that shooters will appreciate and the new for 2020 Optika5 will be coming out with magnification choices hunters will appreciate. Both have MeoPro glass and proprietary coatings. They also have an excellent LE/Mil discount program.

Meopta Optika

Tyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t doubt this thread has been posted and best to death somewhere BUT .... I’m looking at putting something different on my 700 in .308. Mostly punching paper 3-400 yds, looking only at MOA FFP.
Meopta Optika 6 or Athlon BTR or ETR? Something better in the$750-1000 range?
I personally like the Meopta. This company has been reliable for me and great customer service.

Tyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
This is really good stuff guys. Thanks. I talked to the guys at Cameraland and they both seemed to think the Meoptas were a very high quality product. I have a zeiss conquest 4,5-14 which apparently was made by Meopta and which I'm very pleased with. I wish I could actually look through one before dropping that kind of coin.

While we're at it: Anyone have opinions on Meopta Optika vs Sig Sauer Tango/Sierra/Whisky configurations?
I prefer the Meopta. Sig Sauer has some pretty new amazing technology. The BDX rangefinder can sinc with the Sig scope and provides very accurate readings. I have a Sig on my Son's rifle.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer the Meopta. Sig Sauer has some pretty new amazing technology. The BDX rangefinder can sinc with the Sig scope and provides very accurate readings. I have a Sig on my Son's rifle.
I bought the BDX binos and a 4.5-??x 44 not really a happy camper as their seem to no stay in sync all the time, I
m really thinking of going in a different direction than Sig, just my .02